38 - "No, it's not possible."

"I did warn her about needing to sit down first

"I did warn her about needing to sit down first. But apparently, what the fuck would I know."

I groan softly, the ground beneath me moving. How is that possible? I'd been— the shop...and—

"Do you think we should take her to the hospital? She's been concussed before. If she hit her head too hard—"

"Rhys, man. You caught her before she could touch the ground. Never seen you move so bloody fast. You whipped bitch."

"Not funny, Lucas."

"Would you two meatheads shut the hell up?"

I groan again, my eyes beginning to flutter open. It's dark and I'm lying down. In a car. Soothing fingers brush delicately through my hair, calming my beating heart.

"Where the fuck am I?" I croak, my voice is audibly scratchy.

"Ah, she's risen," Lucas mumbles, quietly.

"Hey," Teagan helps me sit up. She's seated next to me, her sombre eyes searching my face. "Are you okay? You fainted."

"Fainted?" I squint, rubbing my forehead. "Why—"

I think— I think my dad might have killed her.

"Oh god," I breathe, my eyes widening.

My hand flies to my mouth and I gag. Teagan screams at Lucas to pull over quickly, knowing very well what is about to happen.

I crawl over Teagan, half on her lap, half out the window. I let out the contents of my stomach.

"Jesus," Lucas curses, "what is it with you and vomiting? I've only been in a car with you twice in my entire life and both times, you've—"

"You're not helping," Teagan snaps, as I wipe at my mouth, panting. "Can't you see that she's upset? You did spring some bullshit on her before."

I slide back inside, sending Teagan an apologetic grimace for fumbling all over her. I adjust to my surroundings. Teagan to my left, Lucas watching me with narrowed eyes through the rearview mirror. Rhys to my right.