17 - "You should be kissing my feet, sweetheart"

"So you made up then?"

It was a stormy day today. Perfect for the big waves surfers had been wanting for weeks now. Perfect for the surf shop too.

Tea and I were working today, the doors wide open as we awaited our first customer of the day. She watches me apprehensively, leaning against the counter.

"Kind of," I shrug. "Does it matter? We know who the guy is in the footage."

Teagan sighs. "I mean, of course, I'm glad that Ryan could help. But—"

"Of course there is a but," I mumble under my breath.

"—But I think you should talk to Ryan about what he said. It upset you and you shouldn't bottle that shit up, CeCe."

"I don't want to talk to him about it," I frown. "Not now anyway."

"Why?"

"Because Tea, he had ten months to tell me he loved me and the one time he does, it's when I hang out with Rhys."

"Honestly, I don't know what goes on inside that boy's head," she shrugs, "but I don't think he understands that what he did was wrong. I think you need to tell him how you feel about what he did."

"Why should I?" I snap. "His idiocy lead to our break up and he can suffer for that."

"So you're admitting that you'd still be with him now if it weren't for what happened?"

The more I had thought about it this summer, the more I thought the answer was no. I may have thought so a few months ago, but time did change things.

"It's impossible to know," I admit. "Of course I love Ryan, always will. But I also love Dory, Wes, Cam and you. I don't know if there was ever a difference."

Teagan watches me for a second, anxious. "CeCe...does this revelation have anything to do with...Rhys?"

I choke on my on spit and have to wack at my chest just to calm down. "Absoulutely not! He gets on my nerves just as much as Ryan does!"