32 - "I don't think I will ever get enough of you."

Make sure you've read chapter 31 first xx

"I'm going to strangle you

"I'm going to strangle you."

Rhys had given me less than an hour to get ready for some mystery date that he'd organised. I had worried about what that could be, seeing as he'd told me that he'd never even been on a date. I should have listened to my instincts.

Here I was, standing in a $25 dollar summer dress because Rhys told me I didn't need to dress up. I should known better than to listen to a boy giving me fashion advice.

We were currently standing, waiting to be seated at the most elegant, most expensive restaurant in New River. A restaurant I had never even bothered to glance at, knowing one meal would cost more than my entire wardrobe.

"That doesn't sound so bad," he smirks, his hand resting on the small of my back.

I glare at him, "of course you would make this sexual. I can't believe you."

"What have I done now?" he keeps his expression nonchalant but I don't miss the sparkle in his eyes. Jerk.

I sigh, eyeing his attire. When he'd arrived at my house, he had only been wearing a white shirt. Once he'd gotten into the car, I'd seen the blazer lying on the backseat and I'd blanched.

"You told me I shouldn't change," I grit, "but you've made a reservation at Arabesque. I thought it was going to be a beach picnic or something. Not dinner at the poshest restaurant in town!"

"I didn't want you to change. This is my favourite dress," my stomach flips when his gaze sweeps over me entirely, lingering on my lips. His hand moves lower and I suck in a breath.

"This is your favourite dress?" I frown, looking down at it. "Why?"

"You wore it the first time we kissed," he whispers, his head dipping to brush my ear with his lips, "and it gives me easy access to a lot of skin."

My toes curl and I clench my jaw. This boy would be the death of me. "You're infuriating," I muse, biting my lip to hide my smile.

"I try," he shrugs, his hand tracing circles on my hip.