Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Pain and Encounters

Parang kahapon lang
Magkasama lang
Magkayakap, sa ulan

Isa... dalawa... tatlo...

Unti-unti akong ngumiti nang makita ang kumikislap na mata ng taong minahal ko ng limang taon.

Suot niya ang isang puting suit na may bulaklak sa may bandang dibdib. I've always dreamed of seeing him wearing that while waiting for me at the altar.

All our laughs, arguments, cuddles, and every memory I could ever think of, started to flash through my thoughts as I walk down the aisle.

I wish we could just stop time.

I wish I could.

I gave him a small nod as my tears started falling one after another. Who knew that seeing him there would be this painful, knowing that I'm not the one he's waiting for?

That I'm not the one who makes his smiles so beautiful? The one he really loved?

Parang kahapon lang
Magkasama lang
Wala na, ang lahat

Vincent Torres.

For five years, naging boyfriend ko siya. We were bestfriends turned to lovers, and that's the best relationship I could ever experience.

We had our own ups and downs but we always made our way through them.

I was the reason why every girl in our university have been so disappointed that they couldn't get him in his last year of college. He was courting me then.

I was the reason why his smiles were only being looked at by everybody in town.

I may be the one who got him first, but I didn't get to have him to build our own forever.

From Vincent, I shifted my gaze to the girl who is smiling ear to ear.

The one who get to have my definition of everything. The one that Vince decided to build his forever with.

Yanina Velasquez, soon to be Torres.

My partner in crime. My very own sister.

I don't regret my decision of letting them go. Nina is a really good sister, and I really can't blame Vince if that's the reason he fell for her.

Alam kong para akong martyr at masokista kapag nalaman niyong tatlong taon palang kami ni Vincent ay alam ko nang may relasyon sila ng kapatid ko.

Yes, within our relationship, naging sila ng kapatid ko.

It was a week after our third anniversary. Magde-date dapat kami noon, pero nagpaalam si Vincent na may pupuntahan siya kaya hindi natuloy ang pinag-usapan namin.

Oo, disappointed ako, pero I can't help it kung may kailangan siyang gawin, kaya instead of being gloomy, nag-shopping nalang ako sa mall.

While strolling, I saw something that pierced my fragile heart.

It was Vince and Nina, holding each other's hand. Nung unang beses, hinayaan ko lang kasi baka namalik-mata lang ako.

Pero napadalas ang pag-cancel ni Vince sa mga date namin. And that time, I already knew, they really are together.

But I still continued my relationship with Vince, hoping I could rekindle the spark we had in the first years of our relationship.

I just can't bear to lose the years that we spent with each other. Mahirap pakawalan ang ganoong katagal na relasyon. I can't.