Chapter 43

Chapter 43: What's Your Answer?

Flynn's PoV

Being back here in Baguio brought me back a lot of memories.

We've strolled around like we used to. We went to Burnham Park and did every activity that we could for the day.

We rented bikes to have fun kahit na meron kaming dalang sasakyan. I mean, 'pag nag-punta ka ng bagyo parang isa na 'yon sa mga gagawin mo talaga.

After hours of cuddling while riding the bikes, we had our picnic at a nearby place. Since past lunch time na at medyo pagod na rin kami dahil sa pagba-bike namin, we decided to fill our tummies nearby.

Napag-isipan kasi naming gawin ang araw na 'to na isang "date day" you know, to cope up with the years that we haven't been with each other.

And I felt so happy with every minute that has been passing by. Duke became extra sweet and cuddly to me, to the point na medyo nakakalimutan kong natural ang cold side niya.

He never felt too cold. Well, somehow, may cold vibe pa rin siya, but that's his personality kaya hindi ko na masyadong pinapansin. Isa pa, tulad ng sabi ko dati sa kaniya, I've already loved his negative traits because that's what makes Duke himself.

I don't want to change him and make him someone he really isn't. Because I don't believe that love is something that would change a person. Loving someone, means accepting all their flaws and loving them for who they are.

Well that's just my opinion, but you get my point, right?

Anyway, after finishing our meal, we decided to go and try riding a boat in the lagoon dahil isa 'yon sa mga gusto kong i-try. But I really don't like to test that dahil may sea sickness ako.

Is that weird? Like you have that sea sickness tapos gusto mong i-try yung boat sa lagoon? I mean, does that even apply? Wala naman kami sa dagat, eh.

So ayun na nga, we tried it and kind of enjoyed it somehow. Medyo weird lang yung naging pakiramdam ko pero inisip ko na lang na i-enjoy 'yon dahil first time ko pa lang naman.

You know, I'll get used to it the next time.

Anyway after that, we shopped for a bit before going back home dahil magdi-dinner date daw kaming dalawa. I wasn't that surprised dahil alam ko nang lumalabas talaga ang sweet bone ni Duke naturally kahit na sobrang sungit niya sa akin.

It was a thrilling day, and of course it was lots of fun, but having these memories with Duke made them even more exciting and worth to remember.

I hope these moments would stay with us 'til the end.

-----

I stood up and crossed my arms as I faced the scenery before me. The last time I was here, it was only a brief moment, but we also had a simple date back then.

And now, I'm having another date with him under this cold moonlight. His candlelit dinner preparation was worth every praise that I have in mind.

It felt perfect and surreal. Like it was something that came out of the movie. Me, Duke and this starry night. Everything seemed to be so perfect when I'm with him.

I felt him hug me from behind as he snuggled his face to my shoulder. I nudged closer to him as I look at the night sky and had a small but fulfilled smile painted on my face.

I lifted my hand and created a circle with it and aligned it on my eyes to see the moon. Sakto ang shape ng moon mula sa aking kamay kaya naman napangiti na ako ng malawak.