3) I Don't Know [5/25]

("I have a question," He says, but I'm too close to sleep to answer)

Y/N P.O.V.

My eyes start to flutter open when I begin to wake up. I look around the room and see a shirtless Zach next to me, when memories from last night come flooding back. Memories of me and my bestfriend having sex. Being intimate with each other. I wanted to be with him, but at the same time I didn't. I didn't know what to do. I thought about the way Daniel looked at me yesterday, and the way I felt about him. He was a really good looking guy, and he seemed really nice, and his tooth gap was absolutely adorable. But then again, I had a shirtless Zach next to me, and I don't know if I'm ready for this sort of thing between us. I won't see him differently, he will always be my favorite highschool dropout, and my bestfriend, but I don't know if I want him romantically.

As I'm thinking, Zach begins to stir beside me.

"Good morning princess," He says.

"Good morning Zach," I say.

"I have a quick question,"

"Yeah?"

"What does this mean between us? Like, what are we?" He ask. I really don't wanna break his heart, but quite frankly I don't know either.

"Zach, I don't know. I think that last night we both got caught up in the heat of the moment, and I don't want anything to change between us, because you have been my bestfriend for forever. I just don't know if I want this with you. I think I need to go and get my stuff and set it up in Jonah's room, so that I can think more about this. But know that I love you, always have, always will," I say as I start to get up from the bed and start to get dressed in yesterday's clothes. Once I'm dressed and have my clothes on, I walk out the door and to my car.

I quickly unlock it, grabbing my suitcase, and try to lift it.

"Here, let me help," Someone says behind me. I quickly turn around and see Jack. He reaches into the car and pulls out my suitcase. "What room are you staying in?"

"Uh, Jonah's room," I reply. He grimices the smallest bit, but starts to pull the suitcase up the driveway. I quickly close the car door, and lock it. I start to jog after him as he starts to open the door. I follow him inside, and close the door on the way. I follow him up the stairs and towards a room.

"Here's Jonah's room. I have to go and pick up Lav, so I guess I'll see you when I get back?" He ask.

"Random question, can I come with you? I really need to get away from the house real quick, and I need someone to talk to, and for some strange reason, unbeknownst to me, I feel like I can trust you,"

"Um, I guess. The drive is about 2 hours though," he tells me.

"That's perfectly fine. But can I change real quick, and I'll meet you by the front door?"

"That works for me," he walks out of the room, leaving me to change. I grab my suitcase and open it. I grab new underwear, socks, pant's, and a shirt. I go into the bathroom right outside Jonah's room, and change. I struggle with the shoes a little bit, but soon I'm walking down stairs with my purse and phone in hand. Once I'm down the stairs Jack leads me out to his car, opening the door for me. I get in and he closes it. He walks around to the driver side and starts to buckleup. Once we're both buckled he starts to pull out and drive down the road.

"You needed someone to talk to?" He asks.

"Oh, um yeah. So me and Zach have been bestfriends since forever, right? And yesterday my apartment was broken into, and he helped me clean it up and he told me I could stay with you guys. So we get to your house, and he kisses me. I don't know what happened, but I kissed him back. Things escalated and we ended up having sex. He asked me if we're something this morning, but I don't know if I have feelings for him like that. What if it was just a heat of the moment thing, and it doesn't really mean anything. Because I also know this other guy, and I may be getting feelings for him, but also there are these two other guys and I just don't know what to do. Because I love Zach, I just don't know if it's in that way, you know?" I explain.

"That's, quite a bit to be dealing with. If you don't mind me asking who are the other three guys?" He asked. I didn't want to tell him that he was one of them, let alone his band members are the other two. But I also didn't want to lie to him. I just couldn't do that.

"I don't know for sure if they're real feelings yet. I don't want to tell you and then be like, whoops, ya' know?" I tell him, giving an awkward laugh. "So, um tell me about you?"

"Well, uh, me and my ex-girlfirend Gabbie broke up a few months ago, I have a daughter named Lavender, I'm in a band, but duh you already know that one. Uh, I don't think there's much else. Oh, I'm almost 21 years old."

"Oh, I'm 20 too!" I exclaim. He laughs at my excitement. We sit in the car the rest of the time, talking about random stuff and about our lives. I tell him about my first girlfriend, and the death of my parents and grandparents. He tells me he's sorry, but I've coped. He starts to pull into a driveway, and I see a really pretty girl sitting outside watching a toddler run around. He starts to get out of the car, and I follow suit. We start to walk over to the women, who I assume is Gabbie, and the toddler, Lavender assumably. Lavender ran up to Jack yelling,

"Dada!" Gabbie got up and came towards us.

"Who is she?" She asks.

"Oh, I'm Y/N. I'm staying with the boys for a while, until I can find a new place, since mine got robbed," I say.

"Oh, that's nice. Well I hope you find a place soon. Lord knows these boys, and they are crazy. I have warned you!" She says, throwing her hands up in curender. We both laugh, and I glance at Jack through my proreferal vision. He's watching me, and he has a smirk on his face.
"Thank you, Gabbie. But we really should be going. We have a long drive," Jack says interrupting the moment.

"Oh, well I'll leave you both to it then. Have a nice day Y/N!" Gabbie says smiling.

"You too, Gabbie!" I say, giving her a hug. Me and Jack head to the car I get in the passenger as he sets Lav up in her carseat. Once she's buckled, he gets in and starts the car. We start driving back to the house.

"She's really nice, what happened?" I ask. Hoping I'm not sticking my nose somewhere it doesn't belong.

"We just relized that we weren't meant for eachother. And plus, too much of our relationship was on the internet. It just wasn't ideal for either of us. So we decided to split. I get Lav every other week," he says. But when he says Lavender's name, she looks up at him, and starts to laugh and coo.

"She's gorgeous, ya' know?" I say, looking at her.

"I know someone else who's gorgeous," he whispers, most likely not wanting me to hear. So I don't say anything about it. For the rest of the ride we talk and goof around. Sometimes I turn around and goof with Lav, but soon our ride comes to an end as we pull into our driveway.

"That was a lot of fun thank you for taking me with you, But I still don't know what to do about Zach," I sigh, as I feel the tear drops slip down.

"Hey, It's all good. Just tell him what you told me. That you don't know what you want yet. He'll understand. Trust me," Jack said, rubbing my back in comfort.