8) Zach... [5/30]

Y/N's P.O.V.

("Take these back to the room. I'll handle this," I said pointing to Zach. I walked into the room and shut the door.)

I walk over to the bed and gently tap on Zach's head. He quickly turns to me, reaches up, and wipes his eyes.

"Y/N? What are you doing up so late? Normally you're in bed by 11?" He looked shocked to see me.

"Zach, scoot over," I said, crawling next to him in bed. I grabbed the covers and covered myself up. I laid my head down on the same pillow that his head was on. "Now, what's wrong?"

"It's my fault,"

"What's your fault?"

"The reason you left this morning. It's my fault," I could see the tears start to fall down his face, and across his nose again. I wipe them away and smile at him.

"That's not why, Zach," My eyes scanned his face. "I left this morning because I needed time to think, I also needed to unpack. I don't regret what we did. I also don't regret going with Jack to pick up Lavender. I also don't regret having a coffee competition with Jonah. I also don't regret forgetting to lock my apartment. These past two days have been some of the best in my life. I mean, I had to postpone my publisher coming to talk to me about my book, but I don't care. I've got to have one of the most amazing experiences in life with my best friend, whether it means that we become something more than bestfriends, or we don't. I will never let something like that come between us," I explained. He looked at me and smiled. His mouth opened and closed like he was a gaping fish.

"Can I tell you a secret?" He asked.

"Yes?" I was unsure of what it would be, but I was kind of scared.

"You were my first," he said, he reached up and started to rub his neck.

"First off," I said, grabbing his hand, "Don't do that. It's my thing. Second, what about Jami? Didn't you tell me she was your first time?"

"Well, you were talking about how Ana and you had done it, and it just slipped off my tongue. I didn't realize that we would eventually," his sentence dragged at the last word.

"I'm not mad that you lied. I just wish you would have told me. After all, it would have been nice to know that my best friend didn't actually sleep with one of the people I've hated since like birth,"

"You didn't even know her until I was in 10th grade!" he defended.

"Okay, but she was still a bitch towards me, and half the other people in the school!" I exclaim. I hated Jami with a passion. Talk about Regina George. Only Regina would tell you she hated you, Jami would play what you thought was your game, until she pulled the cover off her pieces, and proved that you were playing hers the whole time. She was the most obnoxious 10th grader I had ever met, but if it weren't for Zach, I wouldn't have met her.

"I know, Y/N, but still. We were sorta a thing, like we would makeout, but other than that I didn't want her to be my first time. She asked a few times, but I always said no," He looked away from my face.

"Did she try to force you?" I asked, I could feel the blood rushing to my face. I was getting angry, and fast.

"No, not once. She was always okay with me saying no. And I respected that about her a lot. But I felt like a dick for saying no. But one night we went to one of Liam's party's-" I cut him off.

"Liam? Like Liam Anderson? The Liam that had tried to force so many freshmen into sending him nudes? The Liam that had tried to convince me in my 10th grade year that Ana was using me for sex, because no guy would sleep with her? The Liam that-" This time he cut me off,

"Yes, Y/N, that Liam. Now anyways, we both were invited so we went as a couple. She was drinking quite a bit, so I drank a little, but because I had never drank much before that, I ended up becoming drunk after about 3 drinks. She found me and things got a little frisky. We ended up finding an empty room, and we were going to, until I was like 'Hey instead I'll just eat you out' because I still had some of my mind, and so I did. Acording to her moans I was pretty good at it to, and I knew she didn't fake it due to the cum running down my-" I cut him off,

"Okay! Okay! I get it. I don't want to hear anymore of that story," I said gagging. He laughed. "But why do you think it's your fault?"

"Because of what you said. 'I think that last night we both got caught up in the heat of the moment' and 'I just don't know if I want this with you'. I've been thinking about those words all day. I feel like I did something wrong. I don't think I should have kissed you. It was really inappropriate. I just shouldn't have. I'm so sorry, Y/N," he started crying again, and all I felt that I could do was get closer to him, and wrap him in my arms. I slipped one arm over his neck, and the other under it. He immediately held me back, his arms above and below my chest. He cried into me for at least 2 hours, until he had fallen asleep in my arms. I decided not to leave, but I felt my phone buzz in the side of my pants, I looked and it was a number I didn't recongnize.

Text convo between Y/N and Jonah

Unknown: Hey are you coming back to the room, or are you going to stay in there?

Y/N: I'm staying in here, Zach wasn't doing the best so I don't want him to wake up without me in here. We had a long conversation, and he cried, and I cried.

Y/N Changed Unknown's name to Jonah (Poison Drinker)

Jonah (Poison Drinker): Really?

Y/N: Yes, now goodnight sweet dreams, and all that other bs

Jonah (Poison Drinker): Goodnight :)

End of text convo

I turned off my phone and slipped it under my pillow. I slowly let myself slip into a peaceful, and dreamless sleep.