14) Ice Cream [6/4]

Y/N's P.O.V.

(Damn it he's cute)

We both looked at each other and Dani started to lean in, I followed suit. Before his lips touched mine, he said,

"I want ice cream," he pulled away and started laughing.

"First off, tease. Second, I totally agree. Let's go," I stand up and grab his hand. I pull him up and bend down to grab my phone and Jack's hoodie. I slip on the hoddie and put my phone in my pocket. We start walking towards the pier, looking for an ice cream shop. I can feel the sand filling up my shoes, so I shake my feet quickly. Daniel looks at me weirdly, but continues to walk.

"Hey, there's one!" I say, pointing like a child. I start to run up to the ice cream place, and stand outside waiting for Daniel. Once Daniel catches up to me he wraps his arms around my waist and spins me around. I squell laughing, and he puts me down. When we start to walk in, I see a familiar face. Movie theatre guy. He get's up from where he's sitting and walks towards us. I visibly move behind Daniel some as he approaches us.

"Long time no see," he says.

"Mhm," I nod, "Can we go now?" I whisper to Daniel.

"Is this your new boyfriend? Or is this an affair?" The man asked.

"Actually this is my bestfriend, Daniel. My boyfriend is on the beach with our daughter," I mentally slapped myself for calling Lavender mine. She was Jack and Gabbie's, but I had to be thorough. Daniel looked at me confused and I whispered in his ear, "I'll explain later," he nodded slightly and the man looked at us confused.

"When did you have a daughter? She wasn't at the movie with you two?" The man stepped closer and Daniel stepped more in front of me.

"That's close enough," Dani said, his voice deep and scary.

"Chill out, bestfriend. Mad that you got stuck in the friendzone?"

"That doesn't have anything to do with this. You need to back away, before someone gets hurt," Daniel was scaring me slightly, but I was grateful.

"Shit man, I didn't realize she was that much of a cockblock. Well, that ass isn't for sure," he made a circle with his hands, referncing "that ass". That was the last straw for Daniel because his fist drew back and he threw it forward, right into the man's face.

"Now get the fuck away from her. If I ever find out that you come near her again, that's not the only thing I'll do," Daniel grabbed my hand and walked up to the counter. "Can I get a strawberry sundae? y/n what do you want?"

"Uh, can I have a vanilla sundae, but no banana's and can I replace the hot fudge with caramel sauce?" I was rubbing my neck again.

"Of course, will that be all?" The cashier asked.

"Yeah," Daniel said.

"That'll be $7.58," she said. Daniel reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet. He grabbed his card and handed it to the lady. She scanned it and then handed it back. "Okay, we'll have it out in a few moments. Take this and go find a table. Indoors or outdoors," She told us. Dani slipped his card back into his wallet and grabbed the number thing. We started walking towards one of the outdoor tables and sat down, placing our number on it.

"Thank you, for doing that," I was still rubbing my neck.

"Of course, no one will talk to my bestfriend like that. Also, why did you say That Jack was your boyfriend, and that Lav was your daughter. Don't you think Jack will get mad that you're using him?"

"Well, he's been my 'boyfriend'," I made quotations with my fingers, "Since that movie night. Lav being my daughter just slipped out, and I guess it would make more sense in case the guy saw Jack with Lav," I continued to rub my neck, but I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. I grabbed it and looked at the caller ID. It was Jonah,

"Hey Poison Drinker. What are you calling for?" I asked him. Daniel looked confused.

"Where are you and Daniel. We're in the ocean one moment, and then you two disappear the next?"

"Oh, we went and got ice cream. We're all good," I said laughing.

"Okay well, when you guys are done come back. We don't want another Zach moment,"

"Jonah!" I yelled, and then hung up.

"They're called manners!" I heard someone yell from the beach. I looked and saw Jonah holding up both of his middle fingers. I laughed and held up mine. I let my hand fall down, and started to look at Daniel. We both started to crack up laughing.

Soon, the server showed up with our ice cream. She handed me my vanilla sundae, and Dani his strawberry one.

"Thank you!" I said as she walked away. I dipped my spoon into the ice cream and took a bite. It was really good. "Uh" I groaned. Daniel's eyes went from his ice cream to me, and he looked very concerned.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I could feel eyes on me from all around the shop.

"I am perfect actually. This is really good. I'm leaving an amazing tip," Daniel laughed at my enjoyment.

We finished our ice cream and left a $20 tip. We started to walk back to the beach when I was tackled.

"Ah!" I screamed, I closed my eyes out of fear.. I started to kick and punch, trying to get the person off of me, when they picked me up and ran towards the water. "No! Please don't! I'm wearing Jack's hoodie and I don't know how to swim! And I have noodle arms! Please don't!" The person stopped and set me down.

"You don't know how to swim?" It was Jonah.

"I never learned," I started to rub my neck.

"Hey everything is back in the car," Jack said behind us. "Am I interupting something? Again?" He laughed.

"No, I was just telling Jonah here that I can't swim. It's why I just wanted to tan," I began walking towards my car, unlocking on my way. "Okay, so who's riding with me?"

"I'm going. And there is no choice this time," Zach said.

"Shotgun!" Daniel yelled. I laughed. Daniel slipped into the passenger, and Zach slipped into the middle of the back.

"I guess you guys are riding together," I walked up to Jonah and hugged him, next was Jack and Lavender, and finally Corbyn. When I hugged Corbyn I made sure that my hand slightly brushed his crotch. I could hear the small groan. I smiled sweetly when I pulled away. "I'm gonna miss you guys so much. Just know that I'll never forget you," I say, waving as I got in my car. I could see them all laughing, and waving. They got in the car, and Jack started to pull out. I started my car and followed him.