Chapter 2

"Oh no! I forgot the hair straightener! Please tell me you have one," she looked at me with desperation.

I giggled at her. She was overreacting about this whole party situation. I nodded to the cupboard in the bathroom and she rushed in while thanking me.

When she came back out she held an arsenal of "weapons" in her arms. Curlers. Straighteners. Makeup. Anything to do with beauty that you could think of, she had.

"Let's get started," she grinned like a madwoman and took a step forward.
-------
"Ow! Alice, you're pulling," I scrunch my face in pain as she curled my long dirty blond hair, and let me tell you, it was like someone was using a chainsaw to cut my hair.

"Sorry," she winced.

"OWW! Stop that! Whatever you're doing it's pulling my scalp right off my skull," I screeched. I felt the hair go slack and scrunched my eyes up when she sprayed industrial quality hairspray all over.

"There. All done," she clapped her hands together and I coughed. She spun me to face the mirror and I gaped when I saw my reflection. She giggled.

"You're a miracle worker Alice. I look pretty good actually," she had done my makeup with a smokey eye and I wore a high low floral print dress that hugged all the right places but didn't look too revealing. My hair was curled down to my mid back and I looked like a completely different person. Alice on the other hand was wearing a tight, strapless, navy blue dress that ended above her knees with a thick white belt. Her long brown hair, normally curly was now straight. She had the same makeup as me and we wore flats because neither of us were confident enough to wear heels.

"Man, I'm almost jelly of you Car," Alice shook her head with a smirk on her face

"Why thank you! Oh how much I take pleasure in that statement," I said in and English accent and held my heart. I curtsied and we giggled.

"Alright. Let's go to a party!" She practically yelled. I didn't mind much because both mom and dad were out on business meetings. They probably wouldn't care even if they were here though. They trusted that I wouldn't get drunk or high or pregnant. I shuddered. Definitely not pregnant.

"Yeah, alright let's go to this dumb party. Promise you won't leave me?" I held out my pinkie in a childish gesture.

"Promise," she gripped my pinkie with hers and we shook. You never break a pinkie promise. Never.

We drove to the party because Alice was a year older than me and she had her licence. We got to the house around 9 o'clock and the music was already pumping. A few people were passed out on the front lawn and a few were making out against the house. I made a disgusted face and stuck close to Alice.

"It's gonna be fine Car, don't worry," she faced me and held my arms. "Promise me you'll try to enjoy yourself?" She looked right in my eyes and I saw she wasn't playing anymore.

"Okay, I promise. Now can we go inside? it's cold out here," I lied. I really just wanted her to let me go because it looked like she was talking to a child.

When we set foot in the door way the music hurt my ears. Alice on the other hand immediately brought us to the dance floor, not affected by the make-your-ears-bleed music.

She skillfully danced like a professional. I tried to follow her movements but I thought I looked like a dying worm. After a while I got into the rhythm and forgot that I was surrounded by people who hated me. I was smiling at Alice and we were laughing. Actually having fun.

I never thought that this would happen. I was enjoying myself. At a party. Surrounded by my enemies.

Suddenly a pair of hands settled on my waist and I jumped. I stilled and looked to Alice who made a circular motion with her hand, telling me to keep going.

Apprehensively I continued. The guy behind me chuckled. I shivered. It was a deep sound that made me smile.

"Thought I'd scared you into stopping," he said. I turned to face him.

Good looking was an understatement.

He was the hottest man I had ever seen. He must of went to a different school because I'd never seen him before and if he knew who I was he wouldn't dare dance with me.

He had forest green eyes with dark brown, short curly hair. His cheek bones and jaw were chiseled and he had full lips. He looked slightly tan and had a smirk on his face. I smiled at him.

"I nearly did, at first I thought you were a mindless drunk," I rolled my eyes and laughed a bit.

"Well, I don't think I'm mindless or drunk. I'm Austin. You?"

"Charisma. You go to a different school right? I haven't seen you before," I stopped dancing but his hands were still on my hips. Not that I minded or anything. He didn't seem too bad. He didn't try to grind me or anything so I assumed he wasn't as bad as the normal guy trying to get some.

"Nice name, and no sadly I don't. I go to the school in the next town over. Morrison High, ever heard of it?" He grabbed my hand and started to lead me over to a couch. I let him and sat down beside him.

"Yeah, vaguely. Maybe a few times. Do you like it there?" We were closer than regular but I still didn't mind. If I could get someone other than Alice to talk to me than I would take it. Especially if it's a hot guy who doesn't know me and didn't try to take advantage of me.

"Meh, it's okay I guess. Lots of drama you could say," he looked a bit disgusted. He shook his head and turned to look at me. " Want some thing to drink?"

"If you can get a pop than yes, for sure," I wasn't even thinking about getting drunk. And if he drugged it hopefully Alice would find me.

He left to go and get them before I could say any different. Maybe I wouldn't drink it. I mean, I just met him. Sure he was hot, but I shouldn't just trust him that fast. It was usually the hot guys.

I was tapped on the shoulder. I expected Alice but when I turned around I got a face full of platinum hair. I spit it out to see Natalie Tara and her group of sheep-le (as I called them). She shoved my shoulder and glared at me. Her group was giving me looks of pure disgust.

"Stay away from Austin. He's mine," she spat at me. "Actually, here's a better idea. Just leave. Then I won't make your life even worse. You bi-" I cut her off by walking away and right out the door. I knew when it was my queue to leave because she would probably embarrass me in front of all these people at the party. I didn't bother sticking around to look for Alice. I'd just text her when I got home telling her that I didn't like it so I left. I wouldn't tell her about Natalie because then she would try and get up in her face at school, and then it would only become worse and harder to hide from my parents.

I started my walk home which was going to be about half an hour. I had to step over some passed out bodies before I could get to the sidewalk. So much for a good first party...

I could hear the music fading as I got farther away. A chill wrapped around my body and I shivered. Of course being me, I wouldn't bring a coat.

For a night in September it was awfully cold. Unnaturally cold. I didn't think much of it though and kept walking while chafing my hands up and down my arms trying to create the smallest bit of heat.

A sleek black car drove by me, it's engine purring as the driver pushed the gas pedal. It sped off.

Cool car, I thought.

A small while later the same car drove up beside me. I walked faster when the car slowed down. When it stopped fully and I heard a door open I started panicking. I sprinted down the street enveloped in darkness. I thought I lost the creepy car when I heard a pop and felt a stab of pain in my side. Looking down I saw the bright feathers of a dart and my vision turned black.

Great. What have I done?