Chapter 4

1 YEAR LATER

Super healing.
Super strength.
Super speed.
Advanced agility.
Advanced endurance.
Advanced senses.
Telekinesis.
Pyrokinesis.
Cryokinesis.
Sonokinesis.
Hydrokinesis.
Electrokinesis.
Seismokinesis.
Terrakinesis.
Gravitokinesis.

The list of powers they were able to graft into my body, plus more. I look human and act human but, I'm no longer a human. Not after what they did to me. Not after they turned me into a weapon.

DNA grafting was a new thing to scientists but, they figured it out pretty fast. The only problem was that for someone to survive the procedure, they had to have specific genetics, so they hit the jackpot when they found my records and saw I had the rarest genes in all of Ontario. All they needed to do was kidnap me and attach the strands of powers onto my DNA and, voila, you've got a super human.

I wasn't very sure how they figured it out but, they did and it worked. They said something about finding the genes that controlled strength or endurance levels and lengthening them until you had someone who was almost un-kill-able. Then they figured out how to add ice or fire or electricity to these DNA pieces. They were volatile at first and often shrivelled up but soon enough they perfected it.

I was the biggest weapon the world never saw. They've been keeping me locked up in this facility, training me so that one day they can send me to a war and show the world that Canada was the most powerful country, and what would happen if they messed with us. Which seemed a little weird because Canada is usually the one to help other countries.

The only problem was, was that this entire place was illegal. This operation was illegal. These people were illegal.

I was illegal.

They weren't CIA like I thought. They were just a team of the smartest scientists in all of the world who were put together to create the perfect human.

Me.

They had been training me to take over the Canadian government and then sending me to different countries

I had been here for just over a year. I had changed quite a bit. My hair was now cut shorter. I was more lean and toned. I could easily take on any human they put me up against. I was not the same girl who was kidnapped in the tenth grade. I'm 17 now and planning on getting out soon.

I needed them to train me. Show me how to use my powers and make them think that I wasn't going to try and run. So, I acted as the perfect test subject, showing them each of my powers, but only to a certain extent. I knew that if I was going to get out that I would need them to think less of me.

The wake up call sounded through my cell. Yes, I said cell. They keep me in a small room that reminds me a lot of a jail cell. I stood up and walked out the now unlocked door. I passed a few scientists who cowered away from me. I only smirked. I loved being the one on top.

Sitting down on a chair in the cafeteria I waited for someone to bring me my food. They practically bowed down to me here. Cinder was right when she said I would be treated like a queen. Though I was getting tired of it down here. Only a little longer, I thought.

I studied the shifts of the guards for months now and knew exactly when they were at there weakest point. 11:48. Weird time, I know, I thought the same thing at the time.

Only a few more hours and I'd finally be free of this place and all the people inside.

I'd made friends with Cinder but it was nothing great like Alice and I had. Sure, she wasn't a bad person or anything but I just didn't feel that attached to her. We only talked a few times after my first encounter.

Slowly, I had come to dislike Agent Barker even more. I'd started calling him Barker since I figured out that I was superior to him. He trained me but I could see that he hated doing it. I didn't. Training helped me get better control over my powers to the point where they wouldn't have to flee the room like they did when one time my cryokinetics got so out of control that I froze all the doors shut with a layer of ice, and then when I tried to melt it with my pyrokinetics I nearly burned the whole building down.

Now, I can choose which power and how much I wanted it to be. If I wanted to short circuit all their defences, I would with my electrokinesis. If I wanted to tear the floors up, I could with terrakinesis. It would be so easy to kill everyone in here. But, I'd only kill those who I'd have to.

My plan was going to be: use sonokinesis to make everyone deaf, then short circuit all the cameras. I would use my telekinesis to take all the tranquilizer guns that the guards carried around away. Then I'd find my way to the exit. I'd burn down the doors with pyrokinetics and freeze a wall of ice behind me so nothing could try to follow me out. Then, I'd use super speed to find the nearest town and find my way back to Toronto where I belonged. My advanced endurance would help all the time and if I got hurt my super healing would cover that.

I grinned thinking over my plan. This was gonna be good. First things first, I'd have to kill Barker. He was the man who started this all. He was the top dog in all the facilities. If I got rid of him, I got rid of most of the threats.

I stood up after finishing my breakfast and made my way to the gym that was in the middle of the facility. Once I was inside they were watching. I could feel them. I grinned and held my hands out in front of my body. Thinking of water, a tendril shot out of my open palm and wrapped around me in a swirl. I felt drops on my face and giggled.

In a way, I thanked them for what they did. No one was messing with me after this. And, I could go back to my high school as a new person with the same first name. I figured that when I left I'd have to change my last name. I was thinking something like Waters. The hard part would just be getting a name change and forging the documents.

I'd worry about that when I was out.

I focused back on the water and forced it against a human shaped target. It's head was ripped from its shoulders with such force that it hit the back wall. I smiled slightly. I probably looked creepy as heck, because I have water coming from my hand, defying gravity and just sitting in mid air and I just killed a target with as much force as a transport truck at full speed.

It felt good for them to fear me. Maybe it was because I was always the one who feared my bullies, or maybe it was because these were the people who kidnapped me and are now scared of me. Either way it was a good feeling.

I pulled the water back to my hand to switch to seismokinesis and forced a shock wave at the next target. It was crushed as soon as the sonic wave hit it's body, caving inwards on itself. The slightly opaque rings were radiating off my hand just waiting to be shot. They looked a lot like the waves you see when a jet is breaking the speed of sound.

I changed through each of my powers not fully showing what I can do.

When I finished I was sweating and it was nearly ten. I grinned while I showered. Only a little longer. Then I'm free...

I hopped out and got dressed. I ate lunch early knowing that I'd need the extra energy. By the time I had finished everything it was 11:45. I counted the seconds until 11;48 came and then, all heck broke loose.