Chapter 19

A/N Exams suck, amirite? I managed to get this one done, so here it is! From now on, I'm going to try and update every three days, and you might get an extra chapter every so often.
-------
I jumped slightly at the voice and turned around. Behind me was an older looking man who was probably in his late fifties. His outfit was one of a typical farmer. Overalls and a flannel shirt underneath. He looked confused and a bit concerned.

"Is everything okay?" He asked me again when I didn't reply.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I just," time to think of a good lie. "I just come out here when I feel like a need a break. I like it here," please believe me. Please.

"That's quiet alright miss. I just saw smoke and came out here to see if anything was wrong," he pointed to the smoke which was rising out of the sky. I stopped using fire a few minutes ago, but the smog was still drifting around.

"That's weird. I don't know what that smoke would of came from," I did my best to look confused, and maybe a little dumb.

"Okay then. It was probably just leftovers from a bonfire somewhere. I'll be going now that I know the forest isn't on fire. Good day," he waved and left.

Well. Wasn't that just great. He nearly saw me burning a body. I coughed when I breathed through my nose. The stench of death was still thick in the air. I hoped that he didn't think anything of it if he did smell it.

Looking back at where the body used to be I closed my eyes. I just murdered a man and set his body alight so no one would figure me out. I should have felt remorse, but I didn't. Those people sent him after me and I wasn't going back that easy.

If they wanted to get me back, they were going to have to try harder than and under skilled man.
-------
As soon as I got back home I locked myself in my room. I didn't want to talk to my parents about anything. I just wished that I could forget about it all. Forget that I was kidnapped. Forget that I had powers. Forget that I murdered two people in the last month. But, I knew that wasn't possible.

I turned the shower on and waited for the water to get warm before stripping down and hopping in. At first the water burned but I adjusted and stood underneath the stream for what felt like hours. A knock that came from my bedroom door snapped me out of my daze. I shouldn't of been able to hear my mothers voice through two rooms and the shower but I could with my heightened senses.

"Honey. Are you okay in there?" She sounded like she had been crying. I cringed. This was all my fault.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit shaken up," I yelled over the sound of the water.

"Alright," she stopped talking, and to a normal human it would of sounded like she was gone but I didn't hear her moving. "Do you want to talk about-" I cut her off.

"No. I just want to be alone right now. This is all my fault," I sounded like someone seeking attention, like I was saying it's my fault and then going around trying to have a pity-party. It disgusted me.

"Please don't think like that honey! If you didn't you'd be back where they kidnapped you to! We just got you back and we don't plan on loosing you ever again," all her talking was making me mad. What doesn't she understand about leaving me alone?!

"Mom, please just leave me alone. I don't want to talk, I just want to be alone," I only hoped that she listened because I could feel my hands heating up.

"Don't shut me out sweetie! I want to be there for you," I tried to drown out her speaking but was unsuccessful. She continued to ramble and I felt all my powers surge to the surface. If she didn't shut up soon there was no telling what I was going to do.

I'd only had one of these outbursts at the facility before. It was when I was first getting a hold of my powers. They kept telling me what I was doing wrong and I was getting angrier every time they spoke. Eventually when they didn't listen to me I exploded. Literally. My seismokinesis got the better of me and I shot everything and everyone around me to the walls of the gym. I nearly killed one trainer when a piece of equipment hit him. They learned to not make me angry very fast.

"I DON'T WANT YOUR HELP! LEAVE ME ALONE!" I screamed at the top of my lungs at her. I heard the mirror crack and I cringed. Some of the water drops around me turned to ice and the water got considerably colder.

"...I'm sorry," she walked away. My shoulders slumped. I felt so bad but I knew that if she kept talking it would of been a lot worse than a cracked mirror and an icy shower. Sometimes, my emotions got so out of control that I couldn't stop myself from going on a full blown rampage.

I turned the water off and grabbed a towel. Suddenly a shower didn't feel so nice. When I wiped down the mirror I saw that the crack wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Just a small splinter across the top left corner. I traced my finger along the edge and frowned. Why did it have to be me?

I ran the towel through my hair and combed it out. I brushed my teeth and put some pj's on. I knew that I should go back downstairs and say sorry but I was afraid she would anger me again. Instead I just laid down on my bed and texted Alice.

'Whats up?'

I waited for a reply but didn't get one. Sighing, I plugged my phone into the charger and went to sleep an hour and a half early.
-------
I slept through the whole night without waking up once. It was rather nice because usually I wake up nearly every hour. I was used to things waking me up while stuck in the facility.

I yawned and hit my alarm. It silenced and I stretched while sitting up. I was used to getting up around this time because I had been for the past four years.

I combed out the few tangles in my hair and left it down. I rummaged through my drawers and found a pair of acid wash skinny jeans. I pulled a flowing, light pink crop top on and a pair of combat boots. It wasn't too revealing or too conservative.

I contemplated jumping out my window to avoid my parents but realized that I'd have to walk and take the screen out of the window. I sighed and trudged my way down the stairs.

"Morning guys," I said quietly when I saw them sitting at the kitchen table.

"I'm sorry that I bothered you," mom didn't turn to me. My heart clenched. Did I really hurt her so much that she can't even look at me?

"No, I'm sorry. I should have warned you about my emotions. I have a hard time controlling them and I should have told you. It's my fault. Please don't be sad," I stared at her back, praying that she would turn around.

"Oh sweetie," my eyes brightened at her nickname. "It's okay," she jumped out of the chair and crushed me in a hug. I returned it. She was the same height as me which was nice because it's always a bit awkward when you're taller than your mother. Right?

"So I guess we're all good?"

"Yeah Car. It's all good," I smiled wider.

"You should get to school. I'm sorry I didn't make breakfast," she looked disappointed in herself. I jus shook my head and shrugged.

"I can go longer than you would think without food," she smiled sheepishly.

"I guess so. Now go, you're going to be late!" She shooed me out the door and I grabbed my keys.

"Bye guys!" I waved to them as I pulled put of the driveway and drove off to school. I could only hope that today would be better than yesterday.