Chapter 33

I was currently driving my car at top speeds to my fathers work. Mom was in the passenger seat and Austin was in the back.

After informing me that they had my father, the Agent on the phone told me that I was coming back with them to the facility or they were going to kill my dad.

I had jumped up at lightning speeds and went to run out of the house to my car. Austin grabbed me before I could get outside and mom tried to convince me to find another way. I refused and fought my way out the door. They got in my car without asking to come.

"You're not actually going to go back with them are you?" My mom was so quiet that if I didn't have advanced hearing I wouldn't of heard her.

"Not if everything goes exactly as planned," I forced out between gritted teeth. My knuckles were white from my vice-grip I had on the wheel, I was surprised that I hadn't broken it yet.

"What are we supposed to do while you fight? Just sit around and watch!?" Austin exclaimed from the back. He was mad that I had told them they were not to interfere no matter what happened.

"Yes," was my only reply. His jaw tightened and he looked away.

I slowed my car down as I pulled into my father's work. There were a few black cars and even what looked like an armoured van that was no doubt meant for me parked in the lot. I pulled up close to the door and looked to them both.

"I swear on my life, if either of you two get out, I will put you in a room in there and melt the door closed. Do not leave this car, understand?" I gave them a hard look and they muttered yes.

I got out of the car without looking back at them. I stormed up to the doors and swung them open with so much force, one window shattered and rained glass on the floor. They know I'm here now...

"Where are you?!" I yelled to the abandoned corridor. I giggle and then whistle called me to a nearby office. I dashed into the room to see my father being held at gun point, tears falling down his face and his hands tied in front of him.

My hands fizzed with electricity, the sight of my father being treated so poorly was boiling my blood. My lip curled in disgust at the back of a tall woman in full protective gear. Her vibrant red hair was tied in a pony tail and she was standing like she was better than everyone else.

"So I see you actually followed through," her laugh sounded so familiar yet I couldn't place her. she gestured to an Agent holding my father hostage to let him go. He shrugged and kicked him in the back. My dad fell forward and cried out. The Agent went to kick him again but I stopped him.

"STOP IT!" I screamed. The only thing keeping me from blasting everyone with electricity was the thought of my father being hit accidentally.

"Aww. Is the big bad girl upset about her daddy?" She asked in a baby voice. Her tone turned to poison when she spoke again. "Now you know how I felt."

I shot a confused glare at her back. What does she mean 'how I felt'? I'd never seen the chick in my life!

"Just let him go. I came, you got me. He didn't do anything to deserve this," I tried reasoning with her. She shrugged and this time, when she told the Agent, he actually let him go.

My dad clambered forward and I rushed to help him up. I hugged him tightly before untying his bonds.

"Go to the car and drive them back home. Mom and Austin are there," I whispered into his ear while I hugged him. I gave him one last kiss and gently pushed him to the door. He stumbled and tried to look back but I shooed him away. He left apprehensively.

"Now wasn't that cute," she had a bitter tone to her voice. "Oh how I wish I could of said goodbye to my father before he was so brutally ripped from my life."

I narrowed my eyes. I don't want to know your life story! "I don't care what you're talking about," I spat at her and she only laughed evilly.

"Get her boys," I shot all the electricity I could out of my hands. I heard it hitting the suits of the Agents but they didn't fry like I hoped they would.

"New suits. Nice features huh?" I heard her voice above the sound of ice raining down on the Agents. The suits they had on must of been modified because nothing I was doing was effecting them. I tried melting them, but to no avail. They were constantly shooting darts at me. I was surprised that one hadn't hit me yet.

Then I had an idea. The suits looked like they were metal, so I tried out my hypothesis. I crushed my open palm into a fist and one suit crumpled into a mangled mess. The Agents cry was loud above all the commotion. I grinned and held my hand out to another.

I was zipping around the rather large office at impossible speeds while crushing all the Agents in they're suits. There was only 2 out of the 15 that were there left not including the mystery woman.

I crushed the last men and faced the chick who hadn't moved once during the whole battle.

"Now what are you going to do? Your men are all crushed or dead," the word felt rotten in my mouth. "You're next."

I held my hand up and felt it get icy cold. I stopped when she shook her head and started to turn around.

I felt nauseous when I saw who she was. Everything made sense, the hair, the voice, it all clicked.

"Cinder?" She smirked at my reaction.

"Miss me?" I shook my head at her.

"Why? What did I ever do to you?" Her smirk fell and she sneered.

"You killed my father. Want to know who he was? Here's a hint, my last name is Barker," everything but Cinder faded out in my vision. I never meant to hurt this girl who help me in the start like this ever.

I was so absorbed in my guilty thoughts that I didn't see a near dead Agent half-heartedly lift his gun and fire his final round at me until I felt the sting of a dart in my neck.

This time, even Cinder faded out of view as an involuntary sleep washed over me.