Chapter 11

"Don't you think that's so cool," Alice asked when I finished the video. "The cool thing too was it was filmed just outside of town and I heard that there are real burn marks in the soil," she still looked like she hadn't made the connection that I looked exactly like the girl in the video. She even had my clothes.

"Rumour has it that a bunch of kids including the ones who filmed the video are going down to see it at lunch. Were taking your car and going with them," she looked so determined that even if I ran away she would catch me and force me to go.

I had to agree otherwise I'd look suspicious and she might figure me out.

"Yeah, sure okay. We'll go. Where should I meet you?" I tried to sound excited but I thought it might be coming off like I was hiding something.

She fist pumped the air and gave me a high five. She grabbed her stuff from her locker and followed me to mine. The entire way she mused 'how cool this was' and 'how much fun this was gonna be.'

I shrugged her off and said goodbye as I went to music class. When I walked in there were whispers, no doubt about the supposed 'superwoman.' I did my best to ignore it. Sometimes I'd catch bits and pieces of conversations saying things like they were going to the site at lunch or how so totally faked this video was. I really wished there was more people who didn't believe the story.

I still couldn't believe that the video got 15 million views. Some of those views had to of been from people working for Barker and his goons. I knew better than to think they would give me up that easily.

Class ended and I moped my way to my locker. I didn't even have the guts to use my speed to put in my combo in fear of people seeing me.

I grabbed my things for geography and walked my way solemnly to that class. On the way there I was stopped by a hand on my shoulder. I turned around ready to rant at whoever was behind me but stopped when I saw Austin.

"Hey," I greeted.

"You seen that new video yet?" Why did he have to bring this up?

"Yeah. Pretty cool huh? I think it's animated though. Alice and I are going to see it at lunch. Wanna come?" I asked the question before I could think and mentally facepalmed thinking about how dumb I was. I could convince him that it was fake if he didn't see the burns! STUPID!

"Sure! I was planning on going anyways. I think over half of this school is going plus some from other schools," he grinned like it was the coolest thing since sliced bread.

"Really? You think that many kids are gonna fit in one corn field? Over one burn that looks no wider than a foot?" I felt like I was going to puke. Half of this school alone!? I was so dead. Mom and dad were going to kill me for being so careless.

I stopped at the door of my class. "Alright. I'll se you at lunch. Just meet me and Alice by my car and I'll drive us all there. Okay?" I didn't think with all the kids going that there would be much parking. And knowing Alice she would want to be one of the first people there.

"Yeah. I'll see you there! Bye," he waved and walked away to his class. I went inside and took one of the free seats close to the window.

This was just great. I exposed myself. And not just anywhere, but to 15 million people on youtube of all places. Life just got a lot harder.

I was going to have to watch my back wherever I went. Otherwise I might find myself locked back up inside another facility.
-------
Lunch was hectic. Alice and Austin were both waiting at my car before me as I rushed out. I made Alice take the back seat and Austin got the front. Not that I minded.