Chapter 37

I was awake before they could even shock me. I guessed that I was getting used to the time because this was the first time that I had gotten up before the set time.

I had been stuck in here now for 5 days. I was giving them a hard time during training but I was listening to them none the less.

I needed as much energy for the upcoming escape I was planning and being shocked half to death wasn't going to help.

I was planning on using the small scalpel I had made to cut out the chip that could shock me and most likely track me. I was slowly using the blade head to loosen the screws on the door in the hallway. I had already tried to manipulate them but they were made of some weird material that apparently wasn't metal.

I jumped and hissed as they still shocked me even though I was awake. The robot droned the time off and I rolled my eyes.

"For real? I was awake idiots," I muttered. The microphone guy just snickered. He was nice to me one minute and then the next he was a huge jerk. I still hadn't learned his name so I just called him Microphone.

"Are you a sadist, Microphone? Do you enjoy shocking me like a barking dog?"

"Actually, that's not me. They've programmed it to automatically wake you up at the right time. Sorry," and I thought I could actually believe him for a second. Then I remembered that he was still the one shocking me any other time.

I was planning my escape today. I couldn't be in here another day, I was pretty sure that it would kill me.

I went to the bathroom and brushed my hair out just to pass time. I was going after I trained, make it seem like I wasn't going to try anything.

I brushed my hair until it turned staticky and started standing on end. Once I stepped back into my room, the lock snapped shut and one other opened. A short time later the slot under my door opened and a tray of food slid in along with another bottle of the orange crap. I still haven't drank it, much to their dismay but they weren't forcing me.

I finished my meal and kicked the bottle away from myself. It hit the wall and the top was crushed in on itself. I don't know why, but I lost it laughing.

I used to call it a 'turtle shell' and I would purposely cram the top into itself just to laugh my lungs out. I thought it was the funniest thing.

I was wheezing while rolling on the floor taking random glances at the bottle just to refuel my laughing. Microphone was trying to talk to me but I couldn't hear him over my fits of laughter. Only when I was shocked abruptly did I stop and glare at the camera I found a few days ago in the corner of my cell.

"They want you to start training now. Get up," he was annoyed and I could tell.

"Sheesh. I was just having fun," I made my voice low enough only for me to hear. "Something I hadn't done in a long time."

The grinding noise signalled the raising walls and I ducked under them before they were all the way up. I walked to the middle of the room, a routine I learned quick enough after lots of shocks.

"Today we will be focusing on something new," I barely had time to register what they were talking about before they announced what exactly they meant.

"Calokinesis. The ability to generate and manipulate heat is you new addition to your genetic alterations," I screamed out and clutched my head so hard I thought it cracked. The pain was worse than any other power if ever gotten. I wouldn't be surprised if my skull was actually splitting. I fell to my knees and rocked back and forth.

I could hear shouting in the back of my mind but most of my focus was on the piercing scream coming from inside my head. Then I started sweating like I had never before. I figured out that more new power was out of control pretty fast but I couldn't stop it until the harpy-like screaming stopped.

The pain wasn't leaving and that was what scared me. What if it never went away? What if I was stuck like this for- I was cut off what the pain stopped so suddenly, I thought I had just passed out.

I let go gingerly and brought my head up. My power was so strong that I had started melting the concrete walls and floor. My eyes widened and then I grinned. This was going to be useful.

I stood up from my shaking knees and looked around the empty and melting gym. It's no wonder I was sweating. I had basically turned the room into a high powered sauna, or volcano to be more realistic.

I looked deep inside and searched around for my new power like I had done many times before. I hit something that felt different and grabbed onto it, willing it to start working.

I expected to feel my hands heat up but jumped back from my hand when a black vapour rolled out. I sniffed the air and confirmed my suspicions when I smelled smoke. It didn't choke me, but I could bathe myself in my own flames and it didn't hurt me which really didn't stun me. I was immune to my own powers a lot of the time.

I smirked realizing that I just found this power all on my own just be searching deep enough. I didn't go through any pain when I found it either so that was another pro. I grinned at the now flashing lights signalling that there was a code red.

Big mistake taking me back when you did, losers. Now you're just going to have to pay...