Chapter 9

"You didn't kill her, did you? Please tell me you didn't burn her or something dumb like that," mom looked scared.

"Sadly no, though the bimbo deserved it, I just broke her nose. Serves her right. She used to kick the crap out of me at school and I finally gave her a taste of her medicine," I shrugged like it was no big deal I nearly exposed myself in front of the entire school.

"What do you mean? Before you were taken they used to bully you? Why didn't you ever tell us?!" Now she looked angry with me. Bipolar much?

"Before I was just a girl who didn't like attention. It's not like I was dying or anything, she just used to abuse me. I didn't want to tell you. Don't worry, she won't be bothering me anymore," I held her forearms and looked in her eyes. She relaxed a bit.

"I'll be fine," I reassured her.

"Okay... I'll believe you for now but next time, you have to tell us if something is wrong. Promise," she looked at me with dead seriousness in her eyes. I nodded and gave her a small hug.

"It won't happen again," now for 2 days at least. They suspended us for fighting on the first day. Good impression Car! Good impression!

I felt bad that Alice would have to walk home because she got a ride with me but she told me she'd be fine. I nearly made her come home early because of what happened last time I walked home alone.

She promised to call me the minute she got home and did exactly that.

"Hey. I'm home okay, you don't have to go and break anymore noses," she laughed.

"She got what she deserved," I scoffed.

"Heck yeah she did! Rumour is that you're the new 'top dog' of the school! How cool is that?!"

"Pretty cool! The only problem is going to be waiting for two days to claim the title. I wish I didn't get suspended but it was totally worth that punch," I laughed at the memory of the surprise on her face when I landed the hit.

"Yeah, you should if seen her friends faces! It was priceless! If only I had a picture," she burst out laughing and I joined her.

"Yeah I bet!"

"You have to show me how to do that!"

I stopped laughing. Oh. Yeah. How am I going to explain that? Quick! Think of a lie Car!

"Yeah. I guess running away can make you learn how to break noses," I facepalmed. How dumb of a lie is that?!

"Yeah... okay. I'll believe you for now. Well, I have to go tend to Carson for now. I'll talk to you later kay?"

"Sure. See you soon!" I hung up the phone.

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid!" I hit my head with the heel of my hand. How could I say such a dumb thing!? She probably thinks I'm on crack or something stupid like that.

I chucked my new cell phone on my bed and made my way downstairs. Yes, I got new clothes, a new car, a new phone and a new laptop. I was kind of spoiled, but whys do you expect?! I was kidnapped and now my parents want to love me.

Dinner was already made and mom and dad left to go do some things for work. They worked at the same company and they were pretty high up in the company rank wise. They often left on trips and meetings for work. I didn't mind much because Alice would just invite me over.

I grabbed my plate of chicken parmesan and sat down on the couch. Turning on the latest episode of The Walking Dead, I ate my dinner in peace. I was so focused on the television that I didn't hear the knock on the door until the person outside was practically smashing on it.