Chapter 35

A sting in my collarbone made me shoot up from where I was sleeping, my eyes wide and my fingers clawing at the skin.

"6:00 AM," the robot announced the time over the PA system. I groaned and slumped back down. I was surely going to get another shock, but I could care less. My body felt so exhausted and I didn't want to move.

A few minutes later, another shock came longer and sharper. I hissed in a breath and my muscles all tensed like I was being tasered.

"6:05 AM. Please get up," I did my best to block out all surrounding noise. Who knows, maybe they'll cause me so much pain that I just pass out.

"Get up willingly or you will be forced to," this time it was that same human who was giving me orders yesterday. I scowled. If I ever got out of here, whoever was working this chip in my neck was dying first.

The next bolt of current was quicker than the others and lasted a blinding 15 seconds. I arched my back and screamed like a banshee. Sure the seconds weren't as long as I've had, but that pain was by far the most intense I've felt.

I had to wait for the shock to end before I could even stand up. My muscles in my neck and shoulder was twitching. Going tense and then slack without me doing anything, which was causing more pain than if they just stayed still. I put my hand up to my collarbone and massaged it in an attempt to get the twitching to stop but it didn't help.

"Please wait for your next orders. Do not go back to sleep or we will repeat what just happened," I desperately wanted to flip off the cameras that had to have been everywhere in this room, but held back because I feared how bad the next shock would be.

I leaned against the wall opposite to the door, hoping that someone would make the mistake to open it instead of sliding my food through the slots.

I waited for a little longer when finally the sound of shuffling footsteps was getting closer. The click of a lock was the best sound I'd ever heard. Was this guy serious!? He must be new here.

The door opened a tab bit but that was all I needed. I launch myself off the wall and flung the door open to see a young guy carrying my food, who looked so scared that I had to grin like a maniac.

I raised my hand to melt him, but before I could, a white hot pain exploded in my neck and I passed out faster than I could scream.
-------
I awoke to another shock. I jolted up and stood up right away, to afraid that the next pain would be unbearable and I would just faint again.

I probably looked like a soldier, arms straight down, head facing forward. I was terrified of what these monsters might do if I stayed laying down.

I almost jumped out of my skin as the grinding sound of the walls raising sounded out around me. I spun to face the now open arena.

"Get to the centre of the arena and await further instructions," the voice was clipped, like it was angry at something.

Not wanting to upset them any further, I walked but I took my sweet time, stalling until I reached the middle.

"Start with pyrokinesis," oh great, not this again.

A target snapped up out of the ground. I sneered at the mirror and then threw one of the largest fireballs I had ever made into the decoy.

As soon as it hit, the fireball exploded around the dummy and started melting its synthetic flesh.

If I was going to be forced to do this, I better destroy as many targets of theirs that I could.

"Thank you. Now cryokinesis," another one snapped up out of the floor and I wasted no time in firing 4 giant sized icicles into its chest and head. They stuck right through, making a satisfying crunch when the ice hit and broke the bones.

"Thank you. Now electrokinesis," I rolled my eyes at the now monotone voice.

The third decoy shot up behind me and I blasted it with enough current to kill a whale. It shattered on impact and I watched as a piece of bone, which was actually steel, slide over to me. I subtly placed my foot over it making sure that they wouldn't see it.

"Thank you. Now, seismokinesis," I had to figure out a way on how I was going to pick up this bit of metal. Bending down was going to be the only way but how was I going to do that without making them suspicious? The only way to do it was going to suck. I grimaced and then followed out with my plan.

"Screw you," my voice echoed in the giant gym. No later than three seconds I felt the pain of a bolt of electricity in my neck. I fell to my knees and blindly felt for the small piece of metal. I closed my fingers around it right before they stopped the shock.

When it was over, my entire body collapsed and I laid on the floor helplessly as they turned the shocks up until I was going blind from the agony. I think that was the loudest I had ever screamed in my life, it was enough to shatter the mirror but I wasn't able to do anything because the shocks they were sending into me had me pinned to the ground as I twitched like a dead animal whose nerves were going haywire after it was shot.

The concrete started groaning and dust was falling from the ceiling. My sonokinesis was out of control and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

I was counting shocks that were as long as 47 seconds before they sighed into the PA, telling me that training was over.

I gathered up my remaining strength to pull myself along the cold concrete to my cell before the walls closed. As soon as I was in the confines of my cell I slumped on the floor, feeling like death was a better option than this.

My breathing was ragged and erratic and every once in a while, I would feel a muscle move without me trying. I clutched the small scrap of steel like it was my life line, because essentially it was.

I just had to find the right time to use it.