Chapter 1 : Interview

Loud ringing of bells woke the petite girl up. She sat on her bed and rubbed her eyes. When the thought of the interview crosses her mind, her eyes widened and she immediately sprang out of her bed, running straight to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Song Ahreum is not a normal 17-year-old girl. She has a big dream that she desperately wants to achieve; which is to work in YG entertainment.

Ahreum was brought up in the orphanage since she was young and recently, the orphanage thought that Ahreum was old enough to start living without them so she must live on her own. The Madam of the orphanage had given her enough money to buy an apartment and some money to last for a couple of months.

When she first started living independently, it was horrible. She had no friends until she got a work at a café nearby. Her friendship with that fellow girl escalated so quickly due to their common interest as well as their understanding of each other, that they became housemates a few months after knowing each other.

"Ahreum! Wake u- oh, you are awake!" Bomi entered her room and was greeted with Ahreum, who was all dressed and ready to start the day.

They both made their way to the kitchen and had a heartfelt breakfast that was made by Bomi.

"How are you feeling? Your dream is finally coming true!" Bomi exclaimed in excitement as she took a spoonful of scrambled eggs in her mouth.

"I am excited! I really hope that I get to work in the office section," Ahreum said dreamily.

After breakfast, they both went off together, walking to their workplace as the café that Bomi works at was near to the YG building. The girls bid goodbye to each other and Ahreum made her way to the building with an anxious heart.

~

"Song Ahreum,"

The said girl stood up when she heard her name being called and followed the staff that ushered her to a room. Once she entered the room, she was greeted by silence.

Ahreum walked to the table, where there were 3 people. The middle person, is someone whom Ahreum recognizes. It was Yang Hyun Suk himself. Another thing that Ahreum noticed was that the interviewers looked grim and was not even making any eye contact with her. Taking in a deep breath, Ahreum looked at the interviewers.

"Good morning!" She smiled to her interviewers.

"Tell us your name, age and what you want to be part of in this company,"

"My name is Song Ahreum, 17 years old. I am applying for the administration department," Ahreum began explaining her intentions of applying for a job in this company and answered a few questions that were asked by her interviewers.

"School? I see that you don't attend any," one of the interviewers pointed out.

"Ah, that. I stayed in the orphanage and moved out recently due to my age," Ahreum answered confidently, as she had already expected this question to be asked.

"Okay. Thank you for coming. We will contact you soon," With that, their session ended.

Ahreum smiled and thanked them before leaving the room. She left the building and decided to visit her friend at the café for lunch.

When Ahreum saw Bomi she immediately held her hand from anxiousness.

"What if they don't hire me as I didn't go to school?" She asked Bomi, feeling worried on how she did during the interview.

"I'm sure you did well," Bomi encouraged her friend and served her mocha tiramisu.

They chatted for a few minutes until it gets busy in the café. Bomi had to continue working so Ahreum decided to go home and take a rest.

After taking a shower, she plopped down on the sofa, reflecting on why she really wanted to work at YG Entertainment.

She has always looked up to the CEO as she was his fan and admired his success. Another reason was that she heard that they provide a high amount of pay to their employees and that was what she needed on order to contribute back to her orphanage.

Ahreum knew that she has no hope of working in the company as she did not even attend public school or received proper certificate. However, she took the risk for she believed that miracles could happen.

Sighing, Ahreum switched off her nightlight and tucked herself in the her bed.

~

The following morning, Ahreum woke up to a call.

Hearing the news that she got selected for the job, she screamed in excitement as soon as she ended the call. Bomi barged into her room, looking around worriedly with her bed hair. Ahreum ran and hugged her best friend tightly, making the squashed girl breathless.

"I DID IT! I GOT ACCEPTED! OH MY GOD!" she screamed out loud.

It took her a few minutes to calm down and let go of the poor girl. Bomi stabilized her breathing before congratulating her best friend. Ahreum was expected to return to the building to begin her work later in the afternoon so instead of having breakfast at home, Bomi decided to celebrate her best friend's achievement by having breakfast outside.

They parted ways at Bomi's workplace after the breakfast and Ahreum walked to the building again, with her heart in her mouth.

Ahreum was brought to the office and she was immediately posted to a small team in sector.

"Here's your table and your work is to check the sales of the merchandise sold, recording it in the computer followed by..." her mentor, Da Eun, explained what she has to do for her work.

Ahreum learned it fast, which amused her mentor. During lunch, Da Eun invited Ahreum to have lunch with other colleagues.

"Hi, pretty. What's your name?" A quite good-looking guy asked her as soon as she sat down.

"Hi, my name is Ahreum," she replied, flashing a smile at him.

"Ahh, look at your dazzling smile! I'm captivated by it," he acted as if he was having a heart attack.

"Oi, Lee Hyun Woo! Stop flirting with girls, will you? So irritating," a girl with a high-pitched voice scolded Hyun Woo.

"Hello! I'm Jung Nabi," she introduced herself.

"In this floor's office, there will only be the four of us. I am the team's leader but if you have any doubts to clarify, you can approach any one of us, okay?" Da Eun said and Ahreum nodded in understanding.

Da Eun smiled and they began talking about work as they munched on their food.

"Say, how old are you, Ahreum? You look so young," Hyun Woo asked the new girl.

"I just turned 17," Ahreum replied.

Hearing that, the three seniors choked on their food.

"17!? That's young! You are even underage to have se- to sleep with boys!" Hyun Woo exclaimed, earning a slap at the back of his head by both Da Eun and Nabi, also making Ahreum blush in embarrassment.

"Wow, Mr Yang must have liked you to allow a young person like you work here," Nabi said to Ahreum.

Now that her colleague mentioned it, Ahreum began to feel suspicious on the reason why she got accepted, even though she was young and uneducated. Her thoughts got interrupted when Da Eun informed her that their lunch break was over. Ahreum followed her new friends back to the office to continue with her work.