Epilogue. AU

Klaus walked down an empty street in New Orleans. The only sounds heard, were his footsteps along the sidewalk. He stopped outside of an art studio, studying the painting inside of the shop window. One painting caught his eye, a girl with long cascading dark hair, looking into the eyes of a large wolf. He thought the painting was magnificent.

Klaus was brought out of his thoughts by the shop door opening and closing with a boom. He turned his attention to an all so familiar face, a woman.

"Can I help you?" she asked.

Klaus smiled, "I was admiring this painting. Do you know you painted it?"

The girl moved toward Klaus, standing beside him so she could get a look at the picture, "I did, this is my studio."

"I'm interested in it," Klaus told her.

The girl smiled, "It has been sitting in there for months, you are the first person to ask about it."

"I paint also, an artist of sorts if I do say so myself, every drawing has a story behind it, this caught my eyes, what is the story?" Klaus asked.

The girl began to laugh, "Long story actually, I had a dream I was staring in the eyes of a wolf, shook me up really, but soon the he became caring. It may sound selfish but I like the painting, I am happy no one shows interest in it. It make me feel like I am connected."

"To what?" Klaus whispered.

"A past life," the girl sighed.

Klaus smiled at her before putting his hand out for her to shake it, "I'm Klaus."

The girl smiled, taking his hand in her own, "Layla."