09.

1350
Klaus held her in his arms, not wanting to let go. She was fast asleep, her head lying on his chest. She looked so, peaceful, his own angel. He never planned on letting her die, tomorrow he was going to change her so, they could live happily together.

Klaus began to kiss the back of her neck. She began to awake and smile as Klaus planted kisses on her. She turned over so she could see his face. She loved him, like no one could love another man.

Klaus looked down at his one true love, regretting every moment he spent with her. Soon it would be her time to leave him and the earth. There was nothing he could do. For months he has tried to persuade her in drinking his blood every day but, being her stubborn self, she has refused.

She always looked on the brighter side of things, living in a fantasy dream. She understood the concept of death, believing when it was her time to leave, there was no stopping it. She believed in fate and destiny, something that could not be changed. Her life has been mapped out since his wretched mother placed the curse on her. Born, fall in love with Klaus, and die, a never ending cycle that he had to endure and watch his love go through. It could make a man mad, Klaus was only kept sane, because he knew he would see her again and there was always that chance.

*************************

"I'm not wearing that," Layla told Rebekah. She insisted that Klaus take Rebekah shopping due to the fact she was dressed from the 20's with blood staining the front of her dress. She would get weird looks on the streets, and they did not want that.

"Fine," Rebekah sighed in defeat before going into the dressing room.

"I think you should wear this love," Klaus told Layla, holding up a skimpy almost see-through dress.

"You know what?" Layla said with sarcasm dripping in her voice.

"What?" Klaus asked her, his eyes lightening up with the idea she might actually put it on.

"I think, I saw a woman on the corner wearing the same exact dress!" Layla exclaimed. Klaus' eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. "And I am one hundred percent positive she was a prostitute."

Klaus chuckled at the human, "And how are you so sure?"

"Didn't you ever watch Pretty Woman?" Layla smirked.

Klaus was about to say something snarky back, but Rebekah interrupted them from the dressing room, "There has to be more to this dress."

"There's not," Layla told her.

Rebekah stepped out of the dressing room in a short black fitted dress, "So woman in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then."

Layla gave Klaus a triumphant smirk. She proved her point to the hybrid that was 'alway right.' Klaus returned a playful, eye roll. Stefan rolled his eyes, not liking the flirting that was happening between them.

"You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers," Rebekah said.

"You wore trousers so woman today could wear nothing," Klaus told his sister, sipping on his champagne.

"And what is this music?" Rebekah asked, "It sounds like a cable car accident."

"It's dance music," Stefan told her.

"People dance to this?" Rebekah asked with shock written on her face.

"Hmm," Stefan responded.

"Are we done?" Klaus asked irritated.

"And why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah asked, glaring at her brother.

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace. And you lost it," Klaus said to her.