08.

1453
Klaus was at a ball dancing with some girl he did not know, he was lost confused, he could have sworn he seen his love before he came in here, his true love. Klaus looked up at the top if the steps to see a woman so beautiful. Her dark hair cascading down her back of her emerald green dress, and her eyes, they pierced his own. She was alone, looking around, and Klaus saw this as the opportunity.

It was her once again. The girl Klaus fell in love with so many times. His own personal angel that flooded his nightmares. He missed her so, missed her touch, the way his name rolled off of her tongue.

She looked around the ball, not a single person she knew was in sight, but it all changed when she saw the most handsome man. He had blonde hair and the most beautiful eyes she has seen but, he was with another woman. Defeated she began to descend the stairs but, that is when she saw him, the man walking up to her. She could feel the color rise in her cheeks.

The man stopped in front of her and bowed, "Hello Miss," he told her.

She gave him a small smile in acknowledgement. She suddenly became to embarrassed, her mouth no longer worked properly.

"My name is Lord Niklaus, but please call me Klaus, would you care to dance?" he asked her.

She gave him a small smile, "Of course."

Klaus lead her onto the dance floor and the began to dance, "What is your name?" he asked her.

"Layla," she told him.

Klaus smiled big, "It is a pleasure to meet you Layla."

*****************************

"Where are we going?" Layla asked from the backseat of the Klaus' SUV.

"We will be there in a few moments," Klaus told her, "You will love, you did before."

Layla rolled her eyes, "Real me or past me?"

"Past you," Klaus mumbled.

"And how did you allow her to die that time?" Stefan smirked.

Klaus glared at Stefan before stopping the car. Layla fell to the ground, happy she got out. It was a long ride to where ever they where.

"Welcome back to Chicago Stefan," Klaus said, walking up to Stefan.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked irritated.

"I know how much you loved it here," Klaus told him, "Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?"

"Blacked most of them," Stefan sighed, "A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are a blur."

Layla would like to see Stefan, having fun. He was a broody person. Layla has seen him drunk, but it was out of pain or misery. The only problem with fun-Stefan was he was high on human blood, he was an uncontrollable ripper.

"Well that is a crying shame. The details are what makes it legend," Klaus smirked, "Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun."

"Sounds fun," Layla said sarcastically.

"Chicago was magical," Klaus told them.

Stefan nodded, not interested in this conversation, "Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it."

"Going to get down to business, then?" Klaus asked him.

"Why are we still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed." Stefan asked Klaus, "I mean, don't you want to move on?"