04.

1800
"Don't you dare turn your back on me!" Layla yelled at Klaus.

"I put you in danger! Every time we reunite. Every time, I am able to hold you, see your beautiful face, love you! You are taken away!" Klaus cried.

Layla's tears began to stream down her face, "Change me then! Turn me into a vampire!"

Klaus shook his head, "They will still find a way to kill you."

"Your mother is dead Klaus, she can't separate us, she can't separate our love for each other, she can't do it." Layla whispered.

"But love she has already, do you known how many time I held your dead body in my arms?" Klaus asked.

Layla shook her head, "Change me."

"That would be selfish, I can leave let you live, that is what a loving person would do," Klaus whispered.

Layla closed her eyes tightly, allowing Klaus to kiss the top of her head, "Please do not leave me," she whispered. Layla opened her eyes to discover she was alone.

This time around it was not a stranger who killed Layla, it was herself. She couldn't bare to live without Klaus, she proved him wrong.

***************************

Tonight was the night of the ritual, instead of helping her friend, Layla sat upside down on the Salvatore couch. Damon was drinking a glass of whiskey, like usual.

There was knocking at the door, "Are you going to get that?" Layla asked Damon.

"Nope," Damon told her.

Layla rolled her eyes at him, before flipping off the couch to get the door. When she opened it she groaned, it was John with a frantic look expressed on his face.

"Damon you have company," Layla said, taking her place back on the couch.

Damon went to the door and smirked, "Great I was thinking about getting a drink."

"Elena hasn't returned any of my calls for days, I need to see her," John said walking in the house.

"You are a day late, and a daughter short John," Layla told him.

"What are you talking about?" John asked her.

"Klaus has her, the sacrifice happens tonight," Damon told him.

"How could you let that happen?" John asked Layla and Damon, "Elena is friends with you two."

"John, I'm a human, there is no way I would go against Klaus without getting myself killed," Layla told him.

Damon rolled his eyes, "She's fine. I fed her my blood."

"You what?" John yelled.

"He fed her his blood, she will come back into this world," Layla told him.

Layla got up and started to walk away, John watched her grabbed her wrist pulling her away. Damon ran over pushing John against the wall, "Don't touch her," Damon growled.

"You ruined her life," John snapped back.

"We know he took her choice away, but let's be grateful she gets to walk out of this," Layla said, "It could be worse."

"How could it possibly get worse?" John muttered.

Damon's phone went off, he looked down at it, panic washed over his face.

"What?" Layla asked him.

"It's Jenna, Klaus has her," Damon said.

Layla hated that he chosen Jenna for the ritual. Out of any low life that lived it had to be her, he had to pick a person that mattered. Jenna was her second mother and now Elena and Jeremy would be losing another family member and Alaric will be losing his girlfriend.