16.

Layla did not hear from Niklaus or his family since the death of Henrick. She became anxious and nervous of what has become of the family.

Layla stood outside of Klaus's bedroom window throwing tiny pebbles to gain his attention. When she saw him coming to the window she was relieved but, he looked terrible. He looked like he had something in his heart he could never fill.

Klaus looked at her and not brightening at the sight of her, like he usually did. He looked angry, scared, different. He stuck his head out of the window, looking down upon her, "I was worried I haven't seen you in a few days," Layla told him.

"Sorry there has been a lot on my mind," he whispered.

"I know, it is not your fault that Henrick was killed, knowing your father he most likely already took revenge," Layla assured him.

"He did," Klaus told her, "So did mother."

Layla smiled, "Meet me at our spot tonight, I can take your mind off of it."

Klaus gave her a half smile, "Okay I will see you tonight."

Layla was waiting at their tree, for Klaus. He was late, he never was late for her. Klaus appeared out of the tree line frowning slightly.

Layla smiled and wrapped her arms around him, kissing him slightly on the cheek, "I became worried."

Klaus smiled, "No need to worry love."

"I haven't seen Rebekah or Kol lately, is everything okay?" Layla asked him.

"My mother ruined us," Klaus stated.

Layla became confused, "What?"

Klaus looked at her with pain in his eyes and soon tears, she buried his head in her neck, "Do you believe in monsters?"

"Klaus what are you talking about?" Layla asked, confusion printed on her face.

Klaus looked up at her with tear glistening in his eyes, "She couldn't deal with losing anymore children, she made us into creatures of the night, vampires."

Layla let his head drop, and looked at him, studying every feature. She was scared. Layla backed away from him but every step she took away, he came closer, "When did it happen?" she whispered.

"The other night, that is why I was not around," Klaus whispered.

"Nik, I am scared," Layla told him, fear raising in her voice.

"I won't hurt you, I promise," Klaus told he.

Layla moved back tripping on a rock and falling, "Don't hurt me," she cried.

"I won't hurt you, I didn't hurt anyone," Klaus told her again, but stopping when he smelled the sweet smell.

Layla noticed something warm was coming out of her head, she looked at Klaus with fear in her eyes. His face changed from something beautiful, to a monster. Layla stumbled backward, but Klaus was there to catch her. Layla was quivering in fright, "Don't hurt me."

Klaus ran to Layla, before she could run. He needed to see her. His hunger overpowered him, "Run!" Klaus yelled at her, bracing himself to a tree, to try to stop himself.

Layla listened and got up, stumbling away from him. What has happened to the love of her life? She had tears streaming down her face, it couldn't be happening, not to Klaus the man she was engaged to. She looked back, but he wasn't there. She turned back around, running into Klaus