seventeen

kiyotaka ishimaru POV-

'dear diary, i wish we can dance once more...'

"what is that i smell in the air? tolerance? inclusion? love? you know how often can you say it's a good day to live at hopes peak academy?" mondo places a hand on his hip and smirks. 

i look up to him and scoffs, "don't have to be so smug about it.." i huff. 

mondo fixes his jacket then puts his hands behind his head giving me a smug look, "your love keeps me humble!" he chuckles.

i look away then he gets cocky, "so who's next? kokichi? you know he started those rumors about you and military bitch!" he laughs. 

i give him a shocked look as he continues, "I've taken the liberty of underlining meaningful passages in her copy of Moby Dick if you know what i mean!" he shrugs then places his hands in his pockets. 

i step back and makes a fist, "no! no i do not accept this! thee people are dead! that's enough! this ends now!" i manage to hold back tears. 

mondo doesn't hesitate to talk back, "or what?". 

i cross my arms and gives him a smug look, "or im breaking up with you!" i say with bravery. 

mondo gets an upset look and pleads with me, "look any war has casualties! doesn't mean it's not worth fighting! over what? you'd rather go to jail and give a free pass to the thugs who hurt people? evil pricks who make this world so unbearable you cant stand it!? you cant go on living!?" mondo shouts as tears roll down his cheek. 

i stand in shock as i feel my heart sink. 

"mondo..? how did your brother die?" i ask. 

mondo puts a hand on his chest and gives me a sad look before looking away, "you really wanna know?" he asks back. 

i nod, "yes..." i mutter. 

he stands up straight wiping his tears away and turns away. 

"they all said it was an accident! that he didn't see it...he didn't see the truck..." mondo tries to hold back tears.

"we were racing, and i didn't see that truck! and if he let me take control of it myself he would still be alive! if i wasn't so goddamn caught up with my own thoughts of becoming greater, and stronger he wouldn't have died!" mondo anger came over him and he punched a wall as hard as he can. 

i walk up to him slowly, "im so sorry..." i mutter. 

mondo then turns to me with a forced smile, "don't be! the pain gives me clarity!" he let the tears fall. 

i felt him grab my shoulders and pulling me closer, "we have a lot of work to do!".

"what work?" i ask as he pushes me to the side. 

mondo walked past me, "making this world a decent place for people who are decent!" he says glancing at me. 

i go after him, "and when does it end!?" i shout. 

mondo stops in his tracks and turns to me with his fist inches away from my face, " when  every asshole is dead!".

i flinch down into a ball and mondo looms over me, "fine...we're damaged...really damaged..." i mutter and looks up at mondo. 

the anger he had looked like it washed away, "but that does not make us wise!" i stand up with teared filled eyes. 

mondo takes a couple steps back, "we're not special...we're not different...we don't choose who lives or dies!" i wipe my tears away. 

mondo cups my face in his hands, and gives me a soft look. "lets be normal, see bad movies, sneak a beer, and watch TV..." i place my hand on my chest and forces a smile. 

"or go bowling...don't you want a life with me?" i glance away.

mondo lets go of me and turns away, "cant we be seventeen? that's all i want to do..." i reach back out to mondo as he tries to walk away. 

"if you could let me in i could be good with you!" i drop my hand to my side, "people hurt us..." i mutter.

"or they vanish" mondo turns back around.

"and you're right, it really blows! but we let go..." i stare at mondo with wide bright eyes. 

mondo smiles softly, "take a deep breath..." he walks back over to me.

i stand up straight, "then go buy some summer clothes! we'll go camping!" i mange to say with out choking up. 

mondo pats my head slightly, "play some poker" he tilts his head. 

"and we'll eat some chili fries" i finally smile normally, and mondo takes his hand off my head. i

 look over and up to the clock then back to mondo, "maybe prom night?"

"maybe dancing!" mondo takes my hand and twirls me around.

"don't stop looking into my eyes!" mondo stops spinning me and we look into each others eyes. 

"cant we be seventeen? is that so hard to do? of you could let me in i could be good with you! let us be seventeen! if we've still got the right!" we both sing and mondo pulls me close to him. 

"so what's it gonna be? i wanna be with you..." i mutter.

"i wanna be with you..." mondo responds.

"tonight!" we both say as we mondo begins to dance me around. 

mondo then pulls me back to him and i look up at him with soft eyes. 

"yeah we're damaged..." i say with a soft tone. 

mondo looks away with small tears rolling down his cheek, "badly damaged."

"but your love's too good to lose!" i say smiling wide and mondo mumbles. 

he then pulls me close and hugs me tight, "hold me tighter..." i mutter. 

"even closer..." he responds by whispering into my ear.

"i'll stay if im what you choose..." we unhug and mondo pulls my face close to his.

"cant we be seventeen?" he asks smiling softly, "if we've still got the right...".

we both go in for a kiss, "you're the one i choose..." our lips connect and we begin to kiss.

'dear diary, we couldn't be seventeen...'

authors note:

im trying to find a good writing style with this so im sorry QwQ

words: 1044