i am damged

~gore warning?~

kiyotaka ishimaru POV-

everything fell silent at that one moment. i dropped the gun as i look up to mondo who was holding his stomach in pain. 

"was it good for you? kind of sucks for me..." mondo said smiling at me before falling back.

 i look between mondo, and the bomb before making my decision to grab the bomb. run back over to the door then looks back over to mondo.

'dear diary, the irony here is i didn't get a chance to write a suicide note!' 

i thought as i run out to the football field. i drop the bomb, and then drop to my knees. i take deep breaths as a few moments later mondo walks out...more limping than walking though. 

"smart thinking! drag the trigger bomb out to the football field! that way nobody dies! except you if you keep it towards ya..." he chuckles and points to it right next to me.

i look over to him panting, "i killed people i have to pay for that!" i struggle to stand back up. 

i grab the bomb and holds it close to my chest. 

"not you...me...i destroy things...just like my gang...it never occurred to me to try building anything!" he limps his way over to me and then uses me as support. 

"but you're different..." he takes the bomb away from me then steps back a few, almost falling in the process. 

"go do something with your life..." he turns to leave.

i reach out to him in pain, "mondo!"

"i am damaged..." mondo stops and looks over to me. 

he smiles a weak and painful smile, "far too damaged, but you're not beyond repair..." he fixes the bomb in his hands and looks away again.

"stick around here, make things better...'cause you beat me fair and square!" he turns around completely. 

i gasp at all the blood he lost.

"please stand back now..." he asks. 

i take a few steps back.

"'little further..." he sighs. 

i do as he commands. 

"don't know what this thing will do...hope you'll miss me! wish you'd kiss me! then you'd know i worship you! i'll trade my life for yours..." he looks at the bomb then to me with a forced smile.

"oh my god..." i mutter and covers my mouth.

"and once i disappear! clean up the mess down here..." he chuckles.

"wait hold on...not this way!" i reach out for mondo as he steps back. 

"our love is god...our love is god taka..." he mumbles as i drop my arm to myside and tears well up in my eyes.

"say hi to god..." i say as soon as the bomb explodes. 

then...he was gone...all gone...the one i loved and hated...gone...i wish he can come back..i really messed up...

words: 466