Chapter 37- I'm out

Comment and vote, and NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAST CHAPTER!!

August's POV

Brooks is the worst man on dis earth, he probably is the devil. Ion know how Megan latched onto him. I'm from the streets of New Orleans, so I'm use to the violence, but the plan that I just heard is f*ckin disgusting. That right is sick a** man. "man, ion wanna hear that shit." I complained as Dee and I was walking out of Rich's trap house.

Dee dumb a** thought it was a smart idea to go and listen to Brooks talk about his upcoming plans, i thought dude was retired. I ain't with that, I am a celebrity I can't go run 'round wit n*ggas like him. That's puttin' ma family and ma life in danger and I'm ova that. I stopped doing that shit when Mel died. The reason I took singing seriously was to stop the gang banging. It will always be with me cause it's in my past,but not my future. Dee want to get on it, I lost ma brudda, ma best friend and Drew to that shit. I'm not about to lose somebody else that's close to me. I'm not wit it.

"Dee are ya f*ckin stupid, we just lost Drew!" I nearly yelled out in tha small parking lot. "you have a damn daughter...A DAUGHTER, you only thinkin bout ya self in dis situation."

"Aug, its for- " he started to say.

"FOR WHO DREW?? CAUSE LIKE BROOKS SAID THE N*GGA RON IS DEAD, MEGAN TOPPED THAT DUDE." now I'm heated with his dumb a**, how stupid can he be. He claiming he graduated with a 4.0 GPA, he need to use it and do something positive with it. After today I'm going to stop bringing him along when I do shows and shit, cause I don't need to be watchin' ova ma shoulder makin' sure nobody is coming for me.

"Man, it's the money."

"tuh." i shook ma head. "Drew needed the money too, and look where it got him." If i can't get through his head then I'm going to stop. "If ya go along with him, then I'm not going to be with ya, straight up. We family and you're not even going to listen and take ma advice. I'm not with it."

I broke ma neck to make sure he was good, we kept each other straight, but shid if that's the route he want's to take then I'm out. I took one final look at Dee then walked to my Range Rover.

Before getting into my grey custom range rover, in my mid-peripheral vision I had seen her all black ford fusion. Ma heart stopped for a second, is she going to curse me out for not texting her back or is she going to talk to me in a calm voice. Whatever it is I am ready for it. She parked not to far from me, she has to walk past me to get into the building. I closed ma car door and leaned against.

I watched as she got out of her car and closed the door behind her.

"Aye Megan" I called out when she walked clean passed me.

"huh." she sighed..damn she's beautiful. "yes August.?" she questioned

"uhh." I stammered with ma words. "h-how ya been?"

she shifted from her left side to her right. "never better." I picked up the fake response.

"I'm for-real, I haven't talked to ya since-"

"since you kicked me out of your crib." she finished ma sentence.

I feel bad for doing that, but i was caught up. "look, it was an misunderstanding."

"yes for you, what do you want?" her arms were crossed.

"I just want to know how ya been, ya know I ain't seen ha beautiful face in awhile."

"I've had better days, I am trying to take this one step at a time. I can't live ma life like this anymore Aug, I'm completely done with Brooks after today. I can't do it."