45 • What's in her heart?

.
.
Flashbacks Continued-

Love hurts, hurts at a extend that you can't even imagine.

After confessing those words that his heart was desperate to utter, he wished her answer to the same. She did love him. That was what his heart made him feel so. But her reaction broke his heart in an unexpected way. She broke his heart that beating for her only.

"I'm sorry? She got to say this only?"

He took a moment before realizing what just happened. He tried to gain his sense. Running his fingers in his already messy hairs, he sat down with a thud.

K "Kya woh sachmein mujhse pyaar nahi karti?" He mumbled crying, his voice breaking each second.

"Nahi, Kartik. Uski ankhein, uski baatein jhoot nahi hosakti. Main tumhe aise nahi jane dunga. You have to answer me, Naira. You can't just walk away from me. Mujhe tumse baat karni hogi." Wiping his uncontrollable tears, he stood up to face her.

___

Naira came at the spot where others were eagerly waiting for them.

Seeing her condition, Sahil figured out something and shrugged his shoulder as if he won something.

Keerti "Aagayi tum! Pani pine me itna time lagta hai?" She asked.

Naira looked at Shubham. So he told a lie to them. She nodded giving a silly smile to Keerti.

Keerti "Achaa ab chalo. Kartik kaha hai? Abhitak nahi aaya?"

Shubham "Let me call him." He took out his phone just then Kartik appeared.

K "I'm here, Guys." He said, plastering a fake smile over his face. His eyes being red itself told her that he was broken by her answer.

Just a while ago he looked so happy but now his whole life turned upside down. His eyes followed the way to her side. But she looked away turning her gaze. That hurt him again. Could she just stop hurting him?

Sahil grinned, noticing the exchange expression between them. Something was surely cooking in his mind.

Naira quickly sat down in the bus before anyone could. She wanted to ignore him.

Mansi "Bhai, propose kardiya aapne?" She asked her brother, excited.

K "Hmm." He answered calmly.

Mansi "Wow! Bhabhi ne haan hi kaha hoga. I am sure. I'm so happy for you both. Main unse baat karti hoon." She got excited and was about to go.

K "Mansi, don't talk to her now." He stopped her.

Mansi "Kya hua bhai?" She asked, confused.

Shubham "Bhai, you okay?" He held her shoulder, then his tears started to rolled down again, he was trying hard to hold back those tears.

Mansi hugged him, to console him. Kartik composed himself as he didn't want them to see him this weak.

Mansi "Bhai shaant hojaye."

K "I'm fine. Let's go."

Shubham gestured her not to say anything. So they didn't ask him anything else about that. They all left for home.

He didn't bother her all the way. Somewhere he had a thought. Maybe something happened to her, surely. But he was more than hurt.

___

Naksh "We are going then. Good night." He said once they dropped the Goenka members.

Naira so wanted to go back but her Bhabhi would be upset. She sighed and went to her room, without having a talk to anyone.