chapter 20

it has been days since both of our groups found out about jennie unnie's daily morning routine — that is going out with yoongi oppa.

however, jen already explained what's going on between the two of them. he clearly told us that they are not dating, as of now, but were just 'hanging out'. apparently, she was asking tips on how to rap verses better, which actually makes sense since our comeback song includes her rapping once again.

the day unnie was called at sajangnim's office was the day she was reprimanded by her carelessness. a media reporter saw and took photos of jennie and yoongi hanging out. good thing he was working under the company, so with few strings pulled they've settled to just let go of this scandal and not make a fuss out of it.

with our comeback already nearing, issues should at all cost, be avoided. we were monitored by our managers and even the guards of the building, reporting every time we go out. we can't blame them of course, it's just for the better.

"so, we're not going to the party?" chaeng asked, with a tone of sadness in her voice. every year, idols tend to gather and have fun by throwing out extravagant parties. this was supposed to be our first ever party with them since last year, we were still shy and all.

"isn't bambam hosting this one out?" i nodded. it really was kind of a bummer knowing we cannot attend this one when almost all of our friends are going to be there — even BTS.

for hours, we were just doing photoshoots and practicing our dances. it was tiring alright, but hard work pays off. i know our fans waited for this, especially the fact that we only get to comeback with few songs. we're aware of it too, and can't help but to question why. but i guess, sajangnim's got a lot to his plate lately.

i was viewing the ig stories of our friends, preparing for the party. i even saw jungkook's, which was a boomerang of him and jin oppa, with a caption of Party Hard, solid rock 🤙🏼

i quickly typed a reply to it:

Leolucalily
have fun, better not flirt with others!

dummyaccz
who would i flirt to if you're
not there, doll? 😳

Leolucalily
idk, international playboy 🙄
you decide smh

dummyaccz
ya! you're hurting me with your
words 🥺
but it's ayt coz i won't ever
hurt you, manoban! 😤✊🏼

this has been our set-up which has been going on for months. we tend to act like we have a 'thing' between us. the girls keep on asking me what's our deal, but honestly, i don't know what to say.

i'm not even sure if he has feelings for me. i've heard through our common friends that he has the habit of flirting with others, only to find out that he's just doing it for fun. he ain't the international playboy for nothing, right?

"what the hell is wrong with her?" i looked to jisoo unnie's direction and gave her a confused look.

"probably chatting again with her boyfriend." jen unnie teased. it became her habit pertaining to jungkook as my boyfriend, ever since that day. but when i tease her to yoongi oppa, she gets annoyed at me — how unfair!