chapter 21

five more days and our comeback song will be released. days have passed since jungkook also made that 'announcement' — claiming me as his'. honestly, not everyone knows about it, just our circle of friends.

ever since then, jungkook would check up on me and call. we haven't hanged out yet due to their schedules. it was just last month since they made their comeback, and it was a hit. of course, what do we expect from BTS?

we would talk on the phone for hours, sometimes he would blurt out cheesy pick up lines like one time how he asked me if i have a map since he kept on getting lost in my eyes.

or that time where he asked chaeyoung to hide my keys, of course i had no idea so i got annoyed because she won't tell me where she hid it. but then this jeon called and told me that I dont need keys to drive him crazy.

i swear it was so fucking random.

in fact, yesterday i was shocked to see 11 roses delivered to our dorm with a note saying:

If you stood in front of a mirror
and held up these 11 roses, you would
definitely see 12 of the most beautiful
things in the world. Saw your teaser for
the comeback and you look gorgeous as always, Manoban.

- Kook

i haven't reciprocated kook's feelings as of now. i mean, i'm not even sure if he's serious or what. you know that feeling when you really want to risk it yet you're held back by your fear.

it's just that i really am scared to whatever's gonna happen once i confess. obviously, it will be my first time being in a relationship. plus the fact that once you let them completely enter your life, you'll be so afraid to lose them.

honestly, i didn't care about this before. yes, i was definitely aware of the fact that i was being shipped to BTS' maknae. there were fans who pointed out how kook suddenly became 'thaikook' ever since we debuted; and how his favorite color suddenly changed into my favorite color, yellow, from black and red.

i would see clips of him reacting to our group's performance, sometimes only specified to me. videos where his members would tease or warn him whenever we're around.

i remember there were clips where namjoon oppa would always look at kook whenever my song's part about to come. the most famous ones were the SMA and Gaon Chart Awards, both in the year 2017, where fans labeled him as a 'lisa-biased'.

surprisingly, during our GDA 2018 performance, blinks mentioned how he wasn't jamming onto our song compared to before. months later, oppa told me that he warned kook to 'look' normal during our performances and keep it in his pants so as to avoid these shippings.

we were aware of it too, fans even called it BlackBangtan moments; and yes, nothing's wrong in it. but to have others bashing you, saying mean things and threatening just because we were shipped to their 'oppas', wasn't right — nor was it helping.

namjoon oppa even told armys to not ship them with girl groups if they respect them, since he was aware of how it was affecting our public image. but some never stopped,  though others learned how to just respect it.

"yeorobun!" jisoo unnie called. we weren't really doing that much today since sajangnim told us to rest in order to prepare on our comeback stage.