chapter 27

"unnies, i'm going out!" i announced as i turned the door knob. considering the fact that i just got back from the military 3 days ago, we still managed to wrap up our promotions. we just had our last performance a while ago, but our schedule's still jam packed.

the moment i arrived back, the unnies treated me out for a dinner, of course with them having my favorite dish served — gamjatang. they told me various gossips in order for me to catch up. apparently, nothing much has changed. after having our concert is osaka, our popularity seemed to boost. blinks were impressed and praised my solo stage performance. hanee jeong unnie also posted an appreciation post of me in her ig account. she even pointed out how i was able to memorize the choreography in an hour.

but there was one man who didn't seem to enjoy watching it. yeah he was proud of me for pulling off the dance yet jungkook didn't like how much sexy it was. but he didn't make such a big deal out of it since hoseok oppa talked him down, and the fact that he doesn't want us to have 'shallow fights' before i enter the military.

the elevator door opened and as soon as i saw his figure standing at the exit doorway, i hurriedly went over to him and hugged him tight. i could feel his heart pounding like a thunder, he seemed surprised by my action i guess.

you can't blame me, i missed him this much. we haven't met ever since the filming ended since they were busy preparing with their upcoming comeback this month. however, it didn't hinder between the two of us since we would always video call each other.

i sucked in a breath and the masculine scent of his perfume filled up my nostrils. he smells so damn good that i badly wanted to run my fingers through his hair.

i removed my hands from the back of his neck and raised my gaze at him. i can't help but to smile as i stare into his dark brown eyes. it was past 5 pm and the sun was starting to set; with him standing at the doorway, the sunlight shone at him, highlighting his well-structured features.

his lips parted. "ready for our next date, manoban?"

before i could even register what he said, i found myself nodding at his question. he pulled his face mask back and held my hand as we stride away towards his car.

yes, the golden maknae the whole nation of korea knows how to drive. the moment he turned 20, he immediately took driving lessons and passed it without breaking a sweat. does he even know how to fail at something?

i climed up into his car and buckled up. he started the engine and drove onto our destination. the trip was filled with stories and laughters we shared to each other. he mentioned how they are finalizing his solo, which will be included in their upcoming album. he even sang some parts of it and i can already tell that it'll be a hit.

he also shared his plans regarding the music video for it, he even plans on wearing this pink checkered nonagon polo that i also happen to have. when i asked him why, he just told me that he wants us to match things indirectly.

it took almost an hour before we arrive to this 'special place' he'd told me about, the beach. the view seemed like we were in some kind of a dream i never want to wake up from. the weather was warm and bright, with the sun and the soft breeze relaxing me.

he took my hand and brought me near the ocean and sat down for a while. the beach was a picturesque destination point for everyone — be it family, friends or lovers. on the other hand, the sky was a mix of purple and orange hues with downy cumulous clouds floating.

it was so mesmerizing that i took out my phone to capture the moment. i focused the shot to the clouds after proceeding in picturing the ocean infront of us. unfortunately, i wasn't able to bring my film camera.