chapter 37

"ya! what took you so long manoban?" he asked as he opened the door for me. it was the day before AAA and sadly, me and my unnies aren't attending it. so i thought of dropping by at his apartment before their performance tomorrow. plus, i bought him something to wear.

we did get nominated, i just don't have any idea why we weren't allowed to come to the award show.

before i could even respond to his question, he pulled me into his arms and hugged me tight as he closes the door. he leaned in closer, only a breath away, his lips to my ear when he whispered.

"shall we get started baby?" he teased. his soft, warm breathe evidently felt on my neck and behind my ear.

i felt my knees getting weaker as his soft lips pressed tenderly on my skin. i gulped at his sudden action and saw him smirk at my reaction.

"now, that was just an appetizer. let's eat?" he said before taking my arm and leading me towards the dining area.

as i sat down, he went over to the kitchen area and grabbed the pot. i had prayed for a man who can cook, and boy i laughed so hard when he showed me what he prepared.

"ramen?" i asked in between my laughs. he pouted his lips at me and furrowed his eyebrows. his expression made me cackle more. how can he switch from the mr. jeon jungkook to a cute jungoo in a span of minutes?

"ya jinjja! haven't you tasted my ramen? this is a god tier one!" he spat. i rolled my eyes at him and took the bowl he set for me.

we talked and shared stories as we dined. it always amazes me how our connection is already strong — from the start, we already built a good one.

"did you see some pics of me during the osaka tour? i openly copied your posings!" he proudly stated. he was always like this, always transparent when it comes to expressing his emotions for me.

"kookie, i told you stay lowkey! you know how our shippers connect everything." i scolded. as time passes by, liskook — our ship's name, is starting to gain attention from the public.

"whatever, lali. i'll still do it, i love dropping lowkey hints about us. prepare yourself for tomorrow, it won't be just thaikook." he snickered.

as soon as we finished eating, i put the paper bag i was holding on the table, and handed it to him.

"mwo? what's this?" he asked with a shocked expression.

"open it." i replied. he then took out the box inside of it and swiftly unwrapped it. once he got a clearer view of what it was, he giggled.

"ya! why are you laughing?"

"lali, i already have this watch." he said. "a fansite gave it to me last time."

my cheeks quickly reddened upon hearing it. i mentally slapped myself; how can i not know that? now he has the exact two same rolex watches!

i then felt his hand caressing mine. i guess he noticed how embarrassed i was by it. he soothed my hair and kissed me on the forehead.

"don't worry, i'll wear yours tomorrow." he mumbled.

"you don't need to. sorry for getting you the same thing. i seriously didn't kno—"

"baby, you don't have to be sorry about anything. i love it, most especially because the person i love is the one who gave it to me." he cut off.

i bit my lower lip to control myself from smiling ear to ear and stood up collecting the dishes. i headed towards the sink and began washing it.