chapter 38

"is your ankle okay now, lili?" jen unnie asked as she unlocks the door. i nodded my head to assure her how i was feeling.

we just got back into our dorms after attending MMA. sadly, we were told to leave the show early in order for me to get enough rest, knowing we would be having more shows in the coming weeks. we did get to watch their performance though, wasn't just able to finish it.

"i'm so tired!" jisoo unnie groaned as she stretches her arms. she then looked at me and smirked.

"wae gurae? what's with the smirk unnie?" i asked.

"oh nothing, just prepare yourself for liskook moments to be posted maybe tomorrow or soon." she teasingly said.

i don't know if it was fated or what, because we were freaking seated in front of BTS during the first part of the show, even though we already came late. the moment we went up to the seats and i saw jungkook, my heart started beating faster — even my eyes widened.

"i'm sure there won't be a lot of moments for them. i was eyeing lisa the whole time. i even reminded her to maintain a neutral face." jen argued.

she even lowkey tapped my back when jungkook was showed on screen. if it weren't for her, i would've been already smiling from ear to ear that time. who wouldn't, when his reaction was so cute? his cheeks even blushed a little upon seeing himself on the big screen.

i was about to high five her when she started talking again.

"except for the fact that i forwarded a bit when he came near you. what did he even say to you lili?" she questioned.

i shook my head sideways, signaling her that it wasn't any of importance. it was that time when they switched to the other side of the seats, and jungkook lowered a bit when he walked past me. he just whispered my name though, nothing else. of course, if he stopped for a few more seconds, then others would get suspicious.

"jungkook was stealing glances at you though, aw!" chaeng announced as she came out of her room after changing into her pajamas.

i raised my eyebrows at her. "you and you're boyfriend as well!" i spat back. she just chuckled at me and sat on the couch.

"yeah, and you too! if you think i didn't see you looking at him lowkey, even that time where you were pretending to look at the crowd behind us just so you can see your bunbun, then you're mistaken!"

i just rolled my eyes at her and sat beside her. it's true though, how i was sneaking glances from my man. i mean, he was looking such a meal that time. i can't even resist myself from looking to the screen whenever it was his part.

jisoo unnie went to the washroom to wash up while jen was sitting on the floor.

"yo! it's so funny how both of our songs were the once played during the intermission part, right? and to make things lovelier, it was our maknae's and jungkook's parts." jen said in between laughs.

i threw the pillow at her causing her to laugh louder. i then chuckled at how cute her laugh sounds. it warms my heart seeing my unnies happy. honestly, i noticed how jennie and yoongi oppa became distant to each other these past few days. jisoo unnie tried asking her but she just gave her cold shoulders. we then decided to not bother asking her why, and just wait for her to explain it. after all, we never keep secrets within each other.

"oh, didn't jungkook also look at you during their performance? i swear he was looking at our direction?" chaeng brought up. i actually wasn't sure if it was me or the audience; and as much as i wanted to smile at him, i controlled my expression. i just hope he knows how proud i am of him.