chapter 51

jisoo heaved a sigh as soon as the live ended. she squinted her eyes at me, with a hint of annoyance in it, before clicking her tongue. i bit my lip and tried to avoid her gaze as much as possible. i was shocked when she suddenly got my phone and answered the call.

"can't you at least last an hour without hearing your girlfriend's voice?" she asked then pressed loudspeaker for me to hear his response.

"but i miss her already." he responded softly and I swear I can imagine him pouting right now. jisoo unnie acted like she was about to barf because apparently hearing kook's aegyo voice is cringey and shit.

"ya noona! i know you're making that face again!" i giggled as how much their friendship has evolved. they're actually the closest among the group now.

"and you're acting shit again. why did you even keep on ringing lisa when we're on live earlier?"

"oh, cause she promised me we will watch iron man together!" he responded again with that baby voice of him.

jisoo unnie then looked at me and offered me my phone. with her facial expressions, she signalled me to put an end to kook's aegyo. i then headed inside my room and switched to call to facetime so that i can see his face.

his face automatically brightened up the moment he saw mine, flashing that infamous bunny smile of him once again. it sucks how long since we were able to be at each other's arms. with our schedule tightening, flying to countries and bouncing from one place to another, it's impossible for us to meet.

"you look so gorgeous, baby." he stated. i felt my cheeks getting red so i looked down. he seemed to notice it since he snickered.

"how come you still blush at my compliments babe?" he jokingly asked. i rolled my eyes at him causing him to laugh louder.

"stop teasing me, jerkook!" i called out. "by the way, have you heard anything from your company?"

it was last month since dispatch started to hint about us being the new couple. what they did, which was posting the two of us with seconds apart and having the same caption on it, was very similar to jennie unnie's case. some fans pointed it out but were easily dismissed by the others. but then dispatch posted us again and then liskook evidences came up.

ever since i saw how some of the knetz reacted on the jenkai news, i almost always make sure to act carefully. i even deleted my ig story when people kept on using it as their evidence for the "liskook ring theory" and my other post that showed bts on the led screen.

i am that careful, except for the time where i let jungkook post a story on my ig account. it was a normal video, a hand caressing my cat, leo. however, it wasn't my hand. i just let kook post it since it was just a hand for God's sake! i forgot how much of a detective our shippers are. they immediately knew that that wasn't my hand, and even brightened up the pic to show how that hand has a mole on it — similar to kook's.

"don't worry cupcake, dispatch won't ever reveal our relationship unless we give them the go signal, okay?" he reassured.

honestly, it's my boyfriend who loves to give out hints to our fans. from that lowkey birthday greeting he gave me through his caption, how he gave my aunt a complimentary ticket to their concert, jimin teasing him with my aiiyl pose at the same event, the track top i bought for him, and of course the piling evidences for the ring theory.

"earth to lisa! you're staring blankly again babe, stop thinking about it." he said.

"what? no i'm not!" i denied. i know it may seem long now to still be bothered by these issues, but everytime i think i do not care about it anymore, something tends to pull me back.