chapter 55

the christmas socks were filled with goodies for all of us, including the little children — our pets. each one of us received a new winter sweater to wear to the christmas eve celebration at our dorm, which is happening in a few moments.

my gaze landed on the pretty decorations in the windows of the building across the street, and i suddenly, overwhelmingly missed my parents. few more hours lalisa, and you'll be back in your hometown, i reminded myself.

in fact, this would be the only time for this month that i'll get to spend time with my family. due to our hectic schedule for the past few weeks, and our upcoming projects, it would be totally impossible to fly back and forth to thailand. i would've spent an entire week there for the first week of november, but kook got himself into a car accident.

i was worried that time that i managed to get into the first flight back to korea asap. i felt bad that i would leave home despite only staying for a day, but it was my dad who insisted that i go and check up on my boyfriend. funny how even though they haven't met yet, he seems so fond of him.

chaeng was standing there in the christmas tree, in her christmas hat with the dangling mistletoe. i smiled as she walks up to me.

"do you remember this scarf?" she asked.

"how could i not?" i giggled. i remember it as if it was only yesterday. it was during our trainee years, a day before christmas to be exact, when i disappointed her. i recalled getting cold one time, while we were having a walk outside. she lent me her scarf before she went away, to which i ruined due to my recklessness.

when i showed it to her, she got sad and said that it had a sentimental value to her as it was given to her by her former crush in school. i felt bad and so i tried repairing it with the little knowledge i have regarding sewing. we were trainees back then, and i didn't have the right amount of money to get if fixed. she laughed when i gave her the scarf, and jokingly teased my sewing skills.

just when i finished brushing my hair back into place, jennie called me from the other side of the room. i looked myself at the mirror, before heading to her.

"lisayah, could you help me put this decoration right there?" she asked, as she pointed to the shelf that she can't reach. i chuckled then put my hands on her waist before i carry her.

"human ladder, jjang!" she exclaimed as she got down, causing me to laugh a bit louder.

"ya eonlini," jisoo unnie shouted, "gather around the table!"

in an instant, we were like children who sat around the dining table and further waiting for the instructions of our mother.

"a minute left before christmas eve, and i would just like to say how proud i am for how far we've come."

"ya unnie, what's with you and your cheesy words, eh?" jennie asked. jisoo unnie scrunched her face at us, making us laugh. chaeng, jen, and i then looked at one another, and it seemed like we got the message as we rose from our seat all at the same time.

"yeoreobun, prepare for an attack!" i announced. we all then gave jisoo numerous smacks on her cheeks, despite her making us stop.

"saranghae, unnie! the best mother figure and older sister we ever had!" we shouted in unison, to which she just laughed.

all of us counted down to christmas eve, and as soon as "1" came, we all made noise and hugged one another. chaeng then eagerly took her gift to me under the christmas tree. it was a 'present' she was so excited about, that she didn't give it to me to open it and see. it was her who unwrapped my gift, and took out a fancy wrist watch with a black dial and brown leather belt. she then took off the watch i was already wearing and strapped the new one on my wrist, which she had bought for me. "merry christmas, lalisa!" she said and kissed my cheek.