chapter 29

as soon as i heard the call ended between jen unnie and yoongi oppa, i hurriedly went over the table and opened the packaging of the cake.

today is a very special day since it is jeon jungkook's birthday. i prepared so much for this day even though we just got back from our concert in japan yesterday. i even forced jen unnie to help me bake since i don't have enough knowledge in such things.

i specifically asked unnie to make a 'bunny' cake since he looks like one. even the cookies i made, this time with no help from any of my members, are shaped in a rabbit form. it really looks scrumptious, i'm just not sure with the taste.

the boys were parking their van already, and i'm guessing that only few minutes are left before they start showing up here. we were at their dorm since i planned on surprising him. of course, his hyungs already did a mini celebration with him a while ago after their music core performance, yet i wanted to have a separate surprise with me in it. not to mention the fact that i will admit my feelings towards kook later.

"ya lisa, ppali! they're already in the elevators!" jisoo announced. i quickly lit the candles on the cake before carrying it and asking my unnies to turn off the lights.

the door then flung open revealing seven laughing men. they were aware of this surprise, of course, except jungkook. someone then flicked the lights on and i saw how shocked kook was upon seeing me.

our members gathered around us while he came forward, flashing his infamous bunny grin at me.

"saengil chukha hamnida, saengil chukha hamnida; saranghaneun jungkook-shi,
saengil chukha hamnida", i sang and raised the cake higher, leveling his face.

"make a wish." i whispered. he closed his eyes and blew the candles. chaeng then pulled the confetti she bought and they all greeted him. we then sat on the couch and started eating. my unnies gave him their gifts to which he automatically unwrapped. jen bought a chanel perfume for him; chaeng on the other hand gave him a ring and a necklace from jisoo.

"what the fuck! how come when it was my birthday all you gave me was a charm bracelet?" yoongi oppa complained as he grabbed the perfume.

"shut up grandpa, that was a chanel charm bracelet. and besides, i didn't like you before." she uttered. unnie is a really straightforward type of person, and i'm glad she found her counter person.

jin oppa then took the two other presents and heaved out a very long sigh.

"you spend too much girls! if i were you, i should've just given him jin merchandies." he looked serious for a moment before he started laughing with that windshield sound effect of his.

jisoo stood from where she was seating and advanced at oppa. next thing we knew, he was strangling the hell out of him causing laughter around the room.

"he actually gave me his merch as a gift." kook complained as he showed it, making us laugh harder.

"the ego this man has is indeed unbelievable. where do you even get the confidence hyung?" joon oppa asked. jin just blew him a kiss and winked with both eyes.

"i get my confidence from you guys! i've said it numerous times and i'll say it again. i'm the only 10 here, while everyone else is an 8." unsurprisingly, we all both disagreed in unison. good thing the closest thing to us were pillows, or else we could've thrown something worse at him.

"honestly, who even enjoys other's merch as a gift? that's just one of the worst things you can ever give!" jimin oppa argued. he then looked at chaeng and pouted.