chapter 9

"surprise motherfucker!" a voice shouted. i shrieked once the figure turned around.

"what the — where's bam?" i asked, lines forming on my forehead. instead of seeing my childhood friend, i am with this jeon jerkook, standing at the exit of our building.

"i didn't know you were that naive, manoban!" he said as he messed my hair. i quickly slapped his arm and was heading back to the elevator when he pulled my arm.

"ya! don't make me go home for nothing!" he shouted. i raised my eyebrow at him. who even told him to come here? i was supposed to meet bambam and not him!

"what are you even doing here?" i asked, with a hint of annoyance in my voice.

"i told you, i want to hang out with you!" he claimed. it was already past 8 in the evening and i clearly don't want to end my day with him.

"why don't you ask your other girls?" i raised my voice at him. i mean, if what tzuyu was claiming that he tried to flirt with her, and that he and yeri had a thing, then i guess he has other girl back-ups.

"who in the world would i ask? i only have you manoban!" he said. i automatically rolled my eyes at him. does he think he can fool me?

"oh how about yeri then? tzuyu? who else huh?"

"what? what do they have to do with this?" he answered. so he just won't admit it, would he?
then let's see how long he can hold it.

"wait, are you jealous?" he asked and i never felt the urge to smack the hell out of him. he was showing me that signature smirk of him whenever he knows he's successful in annoying me.

"what? why would i?" i scoffed. "you're not even my type." i continued.

he went silent for a moment and i think i hallucinated a bit since i noticed pain in his expression. i bit my lip, was it too much? is it offensive?

i was about to speak up when he pouted all of a sudden and cupped my face. i tried removing his grasp but he was just too strong.

"you really like hurting my feelings lisayah! and because of that, you'll go with me to the arcade! i'll treat you ice cream and fries come on." he uttered.

next thing i knew, we were in front of claw machines. we started having bets on who will be able to grab one; followed by who'll get a higher score. during the whole hour, we seemed close friends as we play and laugh together — of course with the bickering included. i hate to admit it, but i felt ease with him.

it was not at all like what i expected. i stared at him while he was riding that race car. i smirked upon seeing his competitive self, focusing so much on the screen. he was wearing a hoodie and cam shorts, and i noticed how he looks trim and fit with a warm even tan. he was indeed handsome, even if i don't want to say it out loud.

even if he has his face mask up and was wearing a bucket hat, you can still sense how good looking this man is.

"you done checking me out, baby?" he asked and as soon as i heard that, i snapped out of my thoughts. did i just say he looked good? well, i take it back.

"yikes. i only stared at you since i wanna know what part of your face is handsome." i sarcastically said. all of a sudden, he put his arms around my waist and then pulled me closer to him. the jerk even put his face closer to mine, and i would be lying if i say it didn't make my heart flutter. i mean, let's be honest. he's jeon fucking jungkook. i'm still a human who can't resist his charms.

it was only few seconds but i was starting to feel a burn on my cheeks. i couldn't let him see how vulnerable he has made me. so with all my might, i pushed him off me.

"i bet you've done that with your other girls too." i mumbled. he ran his fingers through his hair and sighed.

"drop it lisa. what exactly did you hear?" he sounded serious. i gulped before speaking up,

"well, someone told me you tried flirting with tzuyu and that you had a thing with yeri." i answered, trying to sound like i couldn't care any less.

i honestly do not understand any of my actions. i mean yes he's jungkook, a good looking man, of course he's a huge flirt. why did i even think he's flirting with me because he likes me? i'm not even close to their beauty.

"half true," he claimed. "i was young back then and i wanted to test my charm to the girls. looks like i do got it. but it's all in the past."

i squinted my eyes at him. is it weird that i sense a heavy feeling on my chest? i somehow wished that what tzuyu was claiming wasn't true, but he just said it was. if he can toy with their feelings, even though knowing they're both pretty, what more to an average looking idol like me?

"earth to lisa." he waved his hand on my face and i just removed it to my sight.

"i heard you like older men." i automatically snapped my head towards him and furrowed my eyebrows.

"is there a possibility you'll like younger ones?" he asked.

"maybe, i don't know. gong yoo's my ideal type though. wae? is someone crushing on me? tell me!" i said. he just shrugged then gulped before talking again.

"what if i told you that i like you, lisa?" i coughed upon hearing him say that. he looked shocked seeing my reaction.

"stop kidding around!" i scolded.

"yeah but what if?"

"you can't even treat me nice, jungkook! so how am i suppose to imagine you liking me?" i stated. what he's proposing is something that would never happen. jeon jungkook falling in love with me? crows turning white are much believable!

he flicked my forehead before grabbing my arm and leading me to a cafe shop.

"come on, i'll treat you ice cream and fries." he said which automatically lightened my face.