~Fifty Two~

~Jade~

Mogbe. Moku. Modaran.

Won ti padà kó èsúrú wá.

WTF?

What was I even thinking?

You were not thinking anything. You were just too eager to pick his call that you forgot you were literally wearing nothing.

Aah. My God! How will I face him now? How will I even act around him?

But wait oo, what of he did not see anything?

Then I laid down on my bed and pretented I was on a video call while my front camera was on.

Everything was in full display.

He saw everything.

It is finished.

Ayisha burst into laughter because she felt I was getting overly dramatic. She told me to sleep and that he probably did not see anything.

But I knew better.

That was over a week ago and when I told Zee, that one shrugged and said

'He probably did not see anything and even if he did, he was going to see them someday so what's the big deal? '

Imagine!

We were going to his house for a mathematics tutorial today. I just wished I could cancel going. The last two exams we did together, I avoided him like a plague.

But today was the day of reckoning.

I have to do this.

~Uthman~

What's the hardest thing you've ever done?

Mine was keeping my gaze on Jade's face the last time the last time we did a video call.

Mehn.

That was extremely hard.

I did not even know where to look.

I did not get any sleep that night. My thoughts kept straying off and off.

She stopped picking my video calls after then She told me we won't do video call for three months straight after that. When I asked her why? She said nothing.

That was over a week ago and we've not seen each other since then. The last two times we saw did not count. They were coming later in the late for our supposed mathematics tutorial.

It was a Saturday and we were having a late breakfast. Dad was around too. Since mom moved back in, I've watched their relationship change. They were getting closer than before and they were spending more time alone, in their bedroom.

Breakfast was white rice and plaintain and even though it was Moji's favorite food, she wasn't even eating it.

She was busy typing away on her phone.

Who even bought phone for her in the first place?

I watched as she typed on her phone, then she blushed, then giggled before bursting into laughter.

Aye ti baje oo. Life has spoilt.

I dropped my spoon just as mom and dad turned to look at her too. She looked up to see all of us looking at her. Her laughter died.

'I was reading a comic.'

She stated without anybody asking her anything.

'Ain't you spending too much time on your phone? You even had the nerve to press it while we are eating. Do you want me to seize it?'