Shen

I walk into my room. Everything was fine. I change into different clothes. I walk back out. I decide to fly into the city with my glider.

It's been forever since I used it. I normally use my wing suit, but it's soaking wet and I do not wish to squeeze the water out.

I fly to the Republic City spirit portal. I enter. I am greeted with a slight breeze, it smells like fresh baked cookies. "Mm." I smell the air some more.

Iroh approaches me. "Do you like it? I made it for everyone!" He walks off and I follow him to a dinner table surrounded by spirits. "We have a visitor!" "Hello." They all greet me. "Good afternoon Jinora, Granddaughter of Avatar Aang." "Good afternoon. I was hoping to speak to Iroh." Iroh laughs. "Anything you need Jinora." I pull him off to the side. "I was attacked by rogue Airbenders." "Mhm. We've heard, it's our topic." "Do you think that they could be the same ones that had apparently died after we left Ba Sing Se eleven years ago?" "I do not know but if they are and if they put you between your life or theirs, prepare for the outcome. For you may not like it." "Thank you for your wisdom sir." I bow to him and he bows back. I leave the Spirit World.

I head back into the main city. I go into a bakery to get something to eat and drink. A man stood in the front of the line. "Uh yeah, one coffee please, I'm on my way to Air Temple Island." This caught me. I step out of line and I go outside.

I wait for the man to come out. He looked about average height and weight, his hair was solid brwon and his skin looked pretty tan. He had on a nice button up shirt and some dress pants. Odd for someone to wear that to the island.

I glance and he's coming out. I bump into him. He falls knocking the coffee everywhere. "Sorry! I didn't mean to!" He picks up the cup and throws it away. "My fault. I need to leave." He walks off. I follow him. "What's your name?" "Shen." "Neat, where are you headed Shen? You seem fairly new. I know all the spots of the city." He looks at me. "Fastest route to Air Temple Island. Now." He seemed somewhat threatening. His aura certainly was. "Okay. Hold on." I take out my bison whistle.

Pepper arrives. He looks at me shocked and points. "Y-you're an airbender!" I nod. "Yes, I am, and I'm surprised that the tattoos didn't give me away. You asked for the fastest route, here it is." I hop on my bison. He climbs up it. "The bison fur is so soft! I love it." He hugs Pepper. "I suggest you get in the saddle and hold on." I grab her reins as he climbs into the saddle. "Yip yip." We start to float.

I look back at him. "So, why are you going to the temple?" He coughs. "I need to speak with Master Tenzin it's official United Republic business." "Oh, so you're a politician?" He chuckles. "Somewhat, and what is the name of the airbender who helped me to the island? I may be able to put in a good word for you." "I'm Master Jinora, and I'm Tenzin's daughter." "Interesting. I presume you know the avatar?" I chuckle. "You have no idea." I land at the stables.

I help Shen off of my bison. "I can find my way Master Jinora." He bows and walks off. I smile, he seemed familiar in some way.

I get tackled. "Who was the man?!" I look down and Ikki is there grinning from ear to ear. "I do not know. He was a United Republic official." "Oh, he was here to talk to dad I guess." "Yeah." We both look off into the direction of the man. I glance at Ikki.  "I need to speak to Korra." "She's here." I nod and I leave to find Korra.

Korra was sitting on a bench outside of the area where we had put the rogue air benders. "I thought you were interrogating them?" "Tenzin pulled me out. He was meeting with someone representing the Earth States." "What's their name?" "I don't know some guy named Chen or something." "Shen?" She snaps her fingers. "That's him. Did Ikki know about this visit?" I shake my head. "Hm, odd. Wouldn't she know?" "I have no clue, but what did the airbenders say before you got pulled out?" Korra shrugs. "Nothing, nothing at all." "Not even their names?" "Nope, and I'm surprised." Korra chuckles to herself.

I go to leave, but I see my father and Shen approaching us. I bow. "Father." "Jinora, uh step aside please." I stand beside Korra who had her arms crossed.

Tenzin lets the rogue airbenders out. Shen slaps their heads. "Idiots! You two became an international incident! Now, go get in the car!" "Yes sir Governor Shen." The two leave. "You're a governor?" Shen nods. "Yes Master Jinora, and I'm sorry for the attack on your home Avatar Korra. I do not know why they were acting like that. I can assure you that my servants will stop acting that way." He bows. Korra stood there speechless.

I glare at him. "Your servants?" "Yes, but they're more like my guards. The Dai Li gave them to me as a gift after the Earth Queen had died." "The Dai Li are evil!" I lunge at him, but he stands his ground. "They are simply misunderstood, they're not evil. They were just serving evil masters." I glare at him. "Like you'd know." "Of course, I command them now." "Really?" "Yes, they're not here in the city with me, but they're simply at my estate in Ba Sing Sei." I cross my arms. "Alright." My father takes Shen's shoulder and leads him away from Korra and I.

Korra looks at me. "What's his deal?" "I don't know, but there's something familiar to him." "I wonder how he even became Ba Sing Sei's governor." "We can ask Ikki! Come on!" I grab Korra's hand and we run toward the stables.

Ikki was feeding the bison. She quickly notices us and drops the hay she was carrying. "Jinora, how'd it go with the stranger?!" "Not good, do you know a Governor Shen?" "Yeah, why?" "He kinda owns the rogue air benders that attacked me earlier." Ikki's jaw drops, but she smoothly recovers.

She looks at Korra. "They're not slaves, Korra." "They aren't?" Ikki and I look at Korra. Korra shurgs "I thought they were." "No, Shen came to be governor during a scuffle involving the state's last governor. Shen was next in the chain of power to become governor. It was a whole big thing, really." "I'm surprised you know all that Ikki." Ikki chuckles at Korra's comment. "Of course, it is my job to meddle on Earth States affairs." Ikki crosses her arms and Korra leaves.

I look at Ikki. "What's he like?" She snorts out a laugh. "As if I know, you've talked to him more than I have. Then again, he seemed mad when he arrived. Normally during meetings he's always caring for his people. Ba Sing Sei is nothing like it was when we went there." "Really? I haven't really been since you know." "Since Kai and some others stayed behind to fight the Dai Li? Yeah, I know." "Uh, I need to go." "Alright, see you!" Ikki goes back to feeding the bison.

I open my glider and I fly into the city. I land at the base of the city's most luxurious hotel. I can find Shen here. I wait in the lobby. The hotel is amazing, but sadly the chairs are extremely uncomfortable.

There was no way he could've beaten me here, but he is pretty fast. I wanted to know more about the mysterious man from Ba Sing Sei. He seemed more agitated about his airbenders' actions than any of us.

I wait for a few minutes, and as if he was right on cue he comes through the door with now three airbenders, the same amount from this morning at Korra's house. He notices me, so he orders his airbenders away. He starts to approach me.

He sits across from me. "Master Jinora, I assume you knew where to find me." "I did, well mostly mover stars and politicians stay here." He chuckles. "Of course, I assume your sister told you and the avatar about me?" "Yes, she said you cared for the people." "Of course I do." "Why not release the airbenders then?" He crosses his legs.

He seemed to tense up at the subject of his airbenders. "Well, they were brainwashed by the Dai Li when I came into power. I had not known them as airbenders, but as mere servants to my predecessor. When I had came into power I had ordered the Dai Li into reversing the process. I gave them a choice. Three stayed with me, but the fourth decided to stay in Ba Sing Sei without working for me." That must've been Kai. "What was his name?" Shen shifts uncomfortably. "Kai I think, his whereabouts are currently unknown." "You mean that you don't know?" "Yes ma'am. Though my agents report an airbending thief among my the population." I freeze.

He gets up and stretches. "Well, master, I'm late for an appointment I hope our little talk wasn't a waste of time." "Thank you, and Ikki told me about your great city, perhaps I'll visit." "Then I'll wait." He bows and leaves.