The Next Day(from Jinora's POV)

I wake up.  My date with Kai last night went well.  Better than I thought it would too. 

     I get breakfast that Meelo fixed.  I sit down.  He looks at me.  "Mornin love bird."  I sigh.  "What happened to you leaving?"  "Dad's coming."  I sit up.  "What?"  He nods.  "Yup, dad's coming here with mom."  I sigh.  "Don't worry, Bolin and Opal headed down to Zaofu with the other Beifongs.  There's room."  I nod.  "I'm leaving now."  I leave the house.

Ikki follows me. "Okay, where are we going?" I sigh. "I do not know." She smiles. "Good! I can show you my daily routine so then dad and mom do not think I'm getting lazy with this job!" She links our arms and she drags me along with her.

         We go to the capital building.  We both get out.  I look at her.  "Why am I here?"  She smiles at me.  "I want to show you my routine!"  I sigh.  We go inside. 

    We go to her office.  Her desk has all different kinds of knickknacks and airbending artifacts. i sit down.  She sits down and looks at some papers. 

     We suddenly hear yelling.  She perks up.  "That's Governor Dump.  Why is he here?!" I tilt my head and I stifle a laugh. "Who?" She gets up. She opens her door.

She leaves and I follow her. She goes down the hall to Kai's office. "Who didn't file the paperwork right?! Was it Sticky Ikki?! Maybe Shady Song?!" Ikki and I look in the door. Kai has reading glasses and a mask on. 

         He glares at Governor Dump. "Please do not call my colleagues that. The mission was off books because we were rescuing Avatar Korra and Asami Sato's children." "Really?! You had to do that?!" Kai sighs and nods.

I look at Ikki. "That's the governor of the state where the swamp is!"  Ikki nods.  "Governor Arnold Dump."  I stifle a laugh.  "Really?"  She nods. 

      We look back into Kai's office.  "I don't think you're fit to lead and I will be talking with the other Governors!"  Kai nods.  "Will ya just shut up man?  You're not fit to lead your state, your state is plagued with famine and disease.  You have a higher homeless rate than any other state.  You may have a so called great economy but the statics say otherwise."  A/N I am not comparing Kai to Biden in any way I just put the "will ya just shut up man" line in for laughs and jokes. 

      Arnold Dump shifts in his seat.  "You shouldn't say that to me because I'm older and I know better than you."  Kai sighs.  I knock on the door. 

     He smiles at me.  "Jinora!  Come in."  He looks at the other governor.  "Sorry, Arnold, but I will have to talk to you at the next meeting of the senators."  The other governor stands up. 

      He glares at me with his beady little eyes.  I have to stifle a laugh because of the terrible spray tan and his toupee.  He storms out of Kai's office. 

       I go into Kai's office.  I go to sit down.  Kai quickly stops me.  "Uh, I wouldn't."  He quickly writes something and tapes it to the chair.  He puts on gloves and moves the chair out of the room. 

     He wipes his desk down.  He takes the mask off.  "Sorry for that.  Procedure.  Dump's state is one of the worst. You obviously heard the yelling.  His economy is great, but the people are dropping like flies.  Everyone else at the senate wants to send aid like doctors and scientists to study the disease, but he's told the senators of his state to deny any and all aid.   Including the airbenders."  I nod.  "Could it be the swamp?  Mosquito flies?"  Kai shrugs. 

         He sighs.  "We don't know.  The next senate meeting is soon.  Sadly, his state will not be on topic.  The Fire Nation, Water Tribes, and your father will be there.   I'm presenting my case with your sister and Korra.  The senate is not happy with our little stunt.   Right now, the state of Ba Sing Se is being put on a world stage because Korra, you, and everyone else was involved."  I look at him.  "Sorry, I didn—."  "It's not your fault, Jinora."  He smiles at me.  He takes off his glasses. 

      I smile at him.  "You look cute with glasses."  He laughs.  "I can barely see things up close.  They help a lot.  Ikki, you can come in now."  Ikki shifts into the room. 

     She looks at us.  "You told her?"  He nods.  "Yeah.  I guess."  Ikki laughs.  "Dork."  Kai laughs.  "Okay, anyway uh Jinora, would you like to grab some tea with me?"  I nod.  "Of course, I'd love to.

          We leave together.  We get in his car.  His driver takes us to The Jasmine Dragon.  We order and we sit down. 

          Kai sighs. "I could not get out of there fast enough.  Thank you for coming to my rescue back in the office."  I laugh.  "No problem, so they have no clue about the mystery illness?"  Kai shrugs.  "No one does.  Thankfully it hasn't spread to other states, but the others have just shut down."  I nod.  "That's understandable considering everyone in Dump's state is dying."  Kai nods and he sips his tea. 

      We finish our tea.  He gets up and kisses my forehead.  "Thank you for giving me an excuse to blow off work."  I laugh and I kiss his cheek.  "You're welcome."  "Jinora?!"  Oh great.  

         We turn around.  My father's now frantically running over to us with my mother walking calmly behind him. I sigh. 

     Kai looks at me.  "What is it?"  "I believe you know my father."  Kai starts to smile.  "Great."  I look at him.  "That was sarcasm, right?"  He nods.  "Yep."  I stand up. 

        My father approaches us.  "Jinora, who is this young man?"  He looks at Kai.  "Wait, you're Governor Shen.  Oh goodness that's why we're interfering with oh spirits."  He strokes his beard for a second. 

     Kai holds his hand out.  "Hello there, I'm Kai."  My father's eyes go wide for a second.  "K-Kai?"  Kai nods.  "Yeah, Tenzin don't sweat the first impression thing.  Also, Governor Tigress was the one who requested that you interfere with our senate meeting."  My father sighs.  "Because one of my kids did something."  Kai nods. 

     He looks at me then to my father.  "Don't worry, Jinora's not in trouble at all!"  My father nods.  "Of course.  It's about Korra's kids and my son?"  Kai nods.  He looks at me.  He quickly mouths sorry.  "Uh we can arrange a meeting in my office.  I can drive you to the capital.  To uh discuss the matters and debrief you on the issue."  My father nods.  They leave. 

     My mother looks at me.  "He's quite handsome."  I blush.  "Mom!"  She laughs.  "You two are dating?"  I nod.  "Yes, we are.  Uh his name is Kai if you didn't know."  She nods.  "Oh, I knew.  Ikki called us all up in the air about your dates that you've been on with him."  I laugh and we sit down to talk together.