Business

Kai's POV:

       I get into my car with Master Tenzin.  He looks at me.  "So, Kai, why didn't you return to the Air Nation?"  I pull out of the parking space. I start the drive to the capital building. 

     I sigh.  "I didn't really think about returning.  I wanted to make a difference with the governor.  He still had the airbenders brainwashed.  I uh helped them transition from being mind controlled by him and the Dai Li to being just airbenders.  I also helped him tame the Dai Li."  He strokes his beard.  "You could've made a difference with the airbenders."  I nod.  "I know sir, it was that after being freed from the Dai Li's mind control I was a mess.  Three years, I remember everything I had done during that time.  I killed people, Master Tenzin."  He looks at me.  His eyes are wide with shock. 

    He sighs.  "Does my daughter know?"  I sigh. "I told her I had done things under the Dai Li's control.  I never wanted to do any of it, so keep in mind I was only twelve through like fourteen when I had done the kills."  He nods.  "Of course."  "I was honestly scared out of my mind, thankfully the governor had taken a liking to me and he helped me.  I lied told him that my name was Shen."  Tenzin nods.  "That's understandable, Kai.  You are welcome to join the Air Nation whenever you feel ready.  It wasn't your fault that you had killed people or did anything horrible."  I smile. 

    I look at him as I stop.  "Thank you, Master Tenzin.  I don't think I'm ready just yet."  He nods and strokes his beard.  I pull into the parking lot at the capital. 

      I get out.  I go over to his door and I open it. He gets out. He looks at me. "Well, you have certainly gotten tall." I laugh. "Thank you." We walk up the stairs.

We head into my office. I sit down and he sits down. "So, I assume you actually already know everything?" He nods. "Yes, I do." I sigh. "Of course. What do we need to talk about then?" I stretch in my chair.

He leans on my desk. "Kai are you and my daughter dating?" I nod.  "Jinora is a wonderful young woman and I have a feeling that it was because you raised her.  And yes, we are dating."  He nods.  "What are your intentions?"  "Probably to settle down eventually after my next term will be up.  I have no doubt I'll win the next election."  Tenzin nods.  "Of course.  I love what has happened with Ba Sing Se."  "Thank you."  "You are welcome.  Would you like to eat with my family later?"  "I'd be honored Master Tenzin."  Someone knocks on the door. 

        Jinora and her mother stand in the door.  "Jinora, hey!"  I smile at her.  Tenzin looks at his daughter.  "Jinora, Kai and I were just talking about places for dinner tonight."  I nod.  "Yep.  There's a place on Yun street that's pretty good.  Family friendly.  Never ate there, but I heard that it's a pretty good place."  Tenzin nods then he gives me a look that says to keep my mouth shut. 

     He chuckles.  "Heh, well, Pema I think we should go.  It seems that Jinora and the governor have something to discuss."  Tenzin and Jinora's mother leave. 

     Jinora looks at me.  "Did he rip you one?"  I chuckle.  "Not really.  He just talked calmly."  She laughs.  "No way."  I nod.  "He did.  He invited me on your family dinner.  I will only go if you want me to."  She nods and kisses my cheek.  "I do.  You're always welcome to come over."  I smile.  "Thank you."  I kiss her tattoos.  She laughs.  I look at the mountains of paperwork on my desk. 

     I smile.  "I need to get some stuff done.  What time is dinner?"  "Three hours, don't be late."  I laugh.  "I wont.  I promise."  She kisses my cheek.  "Okay, I'll see you then."  She leaves.

I sign some papers. Ikki comes into the office with Song. I sign another paper. I look at the women. "Yes?" "Ready for the Senate meeting tomorrow?" I groan. "Not at all. Ikki, Song, do we have everything? The other members of the senate and some of the other governors have already arrived." Ikki nods. "I know. We have everything set up.  Are they allowed to even go through our papers?"  I get up.  "What?"  Song nods.  "Dump's law enforcement is."  I sigh.  I get up and I put on a mask.

I head into Dump's isolation room. "Your men are supposed to be quarantining here."  "Why?  None of the other governors have to."  I glare at him.  I walk out. 

           I go to the phone in my office.  I phone thhe president.  "Governor Shen.  We're not allowed to talk." "I uh I know. Governor Dump and his men are not complying with the quarantine rules my state has in place for visitors from his state." He sighs on the other line. "I will call Dump." "Thank you President Kiron." "You know Shen, my husband would've been proud of you." I chuckle. "I know. I uh I remember he wanted to partner with Asami Sato to build up Ba Sing Se, and I closed a deal with her yesterday." "That's great! I'm sure he misses you." "I miss him too. He was like a father to me. I'll uh I'll see you tomorrow Kiron." I hang up. 

     Ikki comes into my office.  "Dump's men leave yet?"  "Yep, now we have to fumigate the building.  Song's signing off on the papers.  They'll be here tomorrow."  I nod.  "Okay.  I need to get my papers, you and Song are free for the next two days."  I gather my papers.  I grab my bag.  "I put my documents I'm currently working on into my bag. 

     I look at Ikki as I put my bag on.  "Okay, I am heading home and I'll see you at dinner." She looks at me as I walk out the door. "Dinner?" I nod. "Yep, uh your father invited me. It's okay, I can cancel if you want." She smiles. "As long as Jinora's cool with this, I am cool." I nod. "Alright." I head out the door.