The Next Day

Kai's POV:

I wake up. I smell bacon and eggs. I put on one of my suits. I style my hair and I quickly stretch. I head into my office.

My papers are gone. I look around my mansion. Li approaches me holding a plate. "Good morning Governor." I nod and I take the plate. Bacon and eggs.

I look at Li. "Where did my papers go? They were in the office." He smiles. "I sent them off to the Lieutenant Governor's office." I nod. "Oh thank goodness." He nods. "Yep." We go into the dining room.

I sit down and I eat. "What time is it?" "Oh, about noon." I choke on my food. "Noon?!" He nods. I quickly eat parts of my food. "Don't or you'll choke." I roll my eyes. I throw my fork down beside the half eaten eggs. Li looks at me. "Really?" "I need to get to the office." I put my plate up.

I rush to the capital building. I look in the Lieutenant Governor's office. She's talking on the phone. She notices me and I shrug. She nods. Thank goodness that call was meant for me.

I leave the building. Ikki's coming up the steps. "Avoiding Governor Dump's call?" I nod. "Yep, but Song took that call." She nods. "Okay, so this is going to make it so much easier if I'm above you." She walks up a few steps above me.

She bends down and gets in my face. "I swear to Raava if you hurt a hair on Jinora's head I will end you." She then smiles at me. "Have a nice day!" She continues up the steps.

I sigh. I leave the capital building. I head to the future industries hotel where Mrs. Sato is staying with her wife.

I head inside. I look at the receptionist. "Hi, I am here to see Mrs. Sato." "Is she or the avatar expecting you?" "No, but I need to talk to them. It is urgent." She nods. "CEO suite top floor." I nod. "Thank you." I get into the elevator.

I head to the top floor. I find the room. I knock on the door.

Avatar Korra answers it. She quickly hugs me. "Thank you Kai.   For getting the kids back."  I laugh.  "It was nothing.  I didn't even have a big part in rescuing them."  She squeezes me.  "Oh well, you still deserve it."  I smile.  "Thanks I am here to meet with Asami for business purposes."  She lets me into their room. 

     Asami is styling their son's hair.  Their girls are running around the apartment. Asami notices me. "Shen! What a pleasant surprise! Korra, the girls?" Korra nods. She runs and grabs both of them. She picks them up. One in each hand.

The three of them go into another room. Asami styles his hair neatly then she puts down the hair brush. "There now, go play with your sisters and mom." Asami gets up and she washes her hands in the sink.

She motions to a seat. "Sit, how can I help you?" "How are your kids?" I take a seat and she sits across from me. "They're doing okay. I think maybe a bit of therapy will be needed." I nod. "Alright. Your facility?" She sighs. "Only about a few thousand to fix everything." I nod. "The city of Ba Sing Se can cover some of it if you'd like Mrs. Sato." She nods. "Thank you, for the offer, but I will politely decline." I nod. "Alright will you plan for a future investment here in Ba Sing Se?" She nods. "I hear that there may be some warehouse lots." I nod.  "I believe your wife may know something about that?"  We both laugh. 

     We glance at the room where Avatar Korra had vanished off to.  I sigh.  "So, will Future Industries pay for the warehouses?"  She nods.  "Yep.  We have several things planned for Ba Sing Se."  I nod.  "That's wonderful!  I love what you did to Republic City.  I know that I helped start up Ba Sing Se to be more modern, but I'd like to have some over passes and a new infrastructure.  Our deal with Cabbage Corp is almost over within this quarter."  She nods.  "That's great."  I nod.  "Yep, Kuvira had a ten year contract with them when she first brought peace to Ba Sing Se. Which I personally think that that was crazy." She nods.  "Yep, well, it is a pleasure doing business with you Governor Kai."  I nod.  "As you Mrs.  Sato."  I leave.