The Swamp

I fly with Kai for what seems like hours. "Jinora, what was that smoke coming from my docks?" I shrug. "A fire probably."  "Mhm.  So, Korra took her polar bear dog coming from the North of the swamp. Ikki and Meelo are on the ground with Bolin and Mako." I nod. "Yes, we are supposed to be observing from the sky." "I thought so." I turn around.

Kai is looking over Pepper's saddle with binoculars. He puts them down. "I was just looking down there. The tree tops are blocking the ground view." I nod. "Okay. How much did the suit cost?" He shrugs. "Just a hundred dollars give or take. Not that expensive. I like to look like a spy in one of the Varrick spy movers."  I laugh.  "Really?"  He nods.  "Yep.  Your wingsuit is pretty slick.  Wouldn't the traditional airbender robe like slow you down?"  I shrug.  "It does slightly if I move the wrong way. It really doesn't bother me."  He nods. "I think that you look beautiful." I smile. "Thanks. I think that you look quite handsome." "Thank you." He grabs his binoculars and he looks over the edge.

I turn around. I let out a small sigh. "Stop the bison!" Kai yells. I make Pepper circle the area we're over. "Hold steady, girl."

I get up and I walk over to Kai. "What?" "I see a metal building. We aren't even near the swamp." He hands me the binoculars. I look through them. I see the metal building. It's an old Earth Empire camp, kind of like the one that Ikki got held hostage at a few years ago. "I'll set us down about a mile away. We can travel by foot to scope it out. It does seem like there's a lot of activity for an abandoned Earth Empire base." I put the binoculars down.

I turn around. Kai's face is close to mine. I blush and he holds up a tea shop coupon. "Here, it's a coupon." I laugh. I kiss his cheek and I take the coupon. He does a dopey smile while blushing. "Just like that night." He starts to laugh. "Yeah, uh set us down. I uh I better radio Korra." I nod. "Of course." I head back to the reins.

He radios Korra and I put us down on the ground. We hop off of Pepper.

Kai looks at me and smiles. "Korra said to scope out the base."  I nod.  "Uh, okay.  Should we split up or?"  "Or?"  "I think that we should spilt up, cover more ground.  We can look around the perimeter?"  He nods and scratches the back of his neck.  "Yeah, I'd like that."  I move a piece of hair out of my face. 

     We split up.