The Briefing

I walk out of the hotel.  I head to Korra's home. 

       Asami was helping their kids with homework.  "Hey, Asami!"  "Jinora?"  She stops helping them.  She looks at a bruise on my face.  "What happened?"  "Those rogue airbenders."  We go to another room. 

     She sits in her big chair.  "Did you get them?  Korra ran out of here in a frenzy after Tenzin called."  I chuckle.  "They're Earth States citizens." 

       She crosses her legs.  "What do you mean?"  "I met their leader.  He's the leader of the Dai Li as well."  "What?  What did he say about their actions?"  "He slapped their heads.  He was really mad about it."  Asami nods.  "Was he responsible for the attacks?"  "I don't think so."  "What'd he look like?"  "Tall, tan, brown hair, oh and he had a scar across his cheek.  It was weird.  He's some kind of governor which surprised me since he seemed kind of young."  Asami nods. 

       She gets up and looks out the window, probably waiting for Korra.  "I think I know him.  Shen, right?"  "Yeah."  "I've met him a few times.  He seems invested into his city.  Have you been to Ba Sing Se recently?"  "Asami, I haven't been there in eleven years."  "Oh shit, so basically a lot of things has changed.  He got rid of the rings and palace.  It's the Earth State version of Republic City.  He's done so much for Ba Sing Se in only like four years."  She walks away from the window. 

      She sits back into her chair.  "I went there a few months ago to finalize some papers for a new research facility there."  "Wow, what for?"  "I'm having some of my top scientists and inventors there for different projects.  It's the perfect location because of the desert surrounding it."  I nod.  "That's nice."  We hear the door open. 

      We both turn to the front door.  Korra walks in.  "Sami!  Kids!  I'm home!"  We watch their kids tackle Korra.

      I look at Asami.  "That's my cue.  I'll see you guys later."  "Later Jinora."  I leave. 

      I head back to the island.  Mako and Bolin were there.  "Jinora!"  Bolin waves me down.  Opal must be here as well. 

       I land.  "Hey guys."  "Hey, Jinora, you know anything about airbenders causing trouble?"  "Ask Governor Shen.  He's Ba Sing Se's governor."  "Yeah, we know about his, there's another one."  I look at Bolin.  "Could it be Kai?"  Bolin twirls his mustache.  "It could be."  Mako gives his brother a strange look.  "No, Kai died in Ba Sing Se."  Bolin shakes Mako and Mako shoves him away.  "I'm going to go talk to Tenzin."  Mako walks off. 

       Opal joins Bolin and I soon after.  Bolin squeezes his wife while talking about a date that they went on. 

     I leave the love birds alone.  I go into my father's office.  He was talking with Mako.  Mako sat across from him while my father was just relaxing in his office chair.   Mako was wearing his glasses and he was looking at papers. 

       Mako sets his papers down.  "Jinora, I was just showing Tenzin the reports about that airbender.  It also seems like it isn't just our police force that's having trouble with him."  My father strokes his beard.  "Hm, seems like Kai."  Mako shakes his head.  "Kai probably died after the earth queen did I don't want to hear it."  I cross my arms.  "You don't want to hear it, or you don't want to believe that it's him."  Mako sighs.  "I'll be back when you don't want to make crazy theories."  He gets up and he storms out. 

          My father looks at me.  "Think it is Kai?"  "From what Governor Shen had said that Kai left the Dai Li and he's been causing trouble in Ba Sing Se."  My father nods.  "I see.  You and your siblings are taking a trip there to check it out."  "Check what out?"  "Your theory.  If Kai is alive."  "Alright."  I go to leave.  "Wait, give me a hug real quick before you leave."  I hug him.  "We'll be back before you know it."  "Don't forget to tell your siblings."  "I don't have to."  I open the door. 

       Meelo falls on top of Ikki who had fallen onto Rohan.  The three look at me.  Rohan's the only one of us that can't airbend, so of course dad goes to help him first. 

        Meelo hops up and dusts himself off.  "Ba Sing Se eh?  When do we leave?"  He puts his hands on his hips.  Ikki nudges him.  "When Governor Shen leaves, so Jinora can flirt with him."  The three of them make kissy faces at me.  I groan.  "Ikki is half right.  We need to follow him to see if his airbenders act out in Ba Sing Se like they did here."  Rohan nods.  "Smart plan Jin."  Meelo slaps our baby brother's back.  "Well, let's get to packing. Since it's Jinora's mission we can take Pepper." Ikki and him walk together while arguing.