Shen Returns

We wait.  Shen comes out of the building.  He looked more relaxed today compared to last week. 

       He has a blue shirt with suspenders on.  He catches me looking at him.  He looks quite handsome surprisingly.  He approaches the car. 

     He smiles.  He knocks on the window.  I roll it down quickly. 

     He chuckles.  "What a sight for sore eyes.  Jinora, you decided to visit."  I nod.  "Yeah, Ikki convinced my brothers and I to come here on a humanitarian mission."  Shen chuckles. 

        Rohan looks at me.  "Who's he?  Is he your boyfriend?"  I choke.  "A friend, here hold on."  I roll the window up quickly then I get out of the car. 

        Shen laughs.  "Nosy little brother?"  I nod.  "One of the less nosier ones compared to my other siblings."  He laughs.  "I was just headed out to lunch, would you like to join me?"  "Ikki's said that she needed to grab something from her office and she's not back yet," I look back to Rohan who's sticking his tongue at me.  "Yeah, I don't think it'll hurt."  He smiles and holds out his hand.  "Alright."  I take it and we leave the property. 

       We go to a small restaurant just near a Future industries skyscraper.  We get seated outside. 

     He looks at me from across the table.  "I come here all the time for lunch, Master Jinora."  I nod.  I scan the menu for something vegetarian, and to my surprise it's all vegetarian.  I look up at him.  "I didn't know this place was vegetarian."  He chuckles.  "Yeah, their seaweed veggie wraps are to die for.  I'm not a vegetarian I was just experimenting with tastes and I ended up coming back and back.  I just really love their food."  He looks at his menu. 

     I look at mine.  I look back to him.  "Sorry about Rohan."  He laughs.  "It's fine.  Most people see me with a beautiful lady such as yourself and they ask me if the lady's my girlfriend."  I laugh.  "Really?"  He nods. 

     A waiter comes up to our table.  "Your usual, governor?"  Shen nods.  "Please."  The waiter jots down the order then looks to me.  "And for you?"  "Well, I guess I'd like to have the seaweed wraps." The waiter writes the order.  "I'll be back."  The waiter leaves. 

    I look at Shen.  "Where's the Dai Li?  When I was here they were everywhere."  "They're confined to stay within the old palace and government buildings.  The people don't trust them enough to have them on the streets."  "Your airbenders?"  He laughs.  "They only follow me when we travel because I can't bring the Dai Li, so the airbenders are probably around the city shopping, working a normal job, eating at a restaurant, or heck maybe even sleeping."  The waiter returns with two plates of seaweed wraps. 

      Shen and I eat our food relatively quickly.  He gets up.  "I'm full.  Come on, I can give you a tour of the city, well the new city."  He holds out hand.  I take it.  "Thank you Shen."  We walk around the city. 

     We go to a large park.  It has kids running as playing around a statue of a normal bear.  There's older people playing pai sho on benches.  It's just like Avatar Korra Park in Republic City. 

        Shen looks at me.  "This is Basco Park.  It was named after Earth King Kuei's pet bear.  Wu suggested it."  "Wu?  As in former King Wu?"  He nods. "Yep.  He's on my administration, but it's more of an honorary position.  There's also the zoo that Avatar Aang had made.  He wanted this park to be a part of the zoo."  I look around.  Everyone and everything looks so nice. 

        We leave the park.  We go to an older part of the city.  We stop at a tea shop. 

       Shen looks at the place.  "The Jasmine Dragon tea shop.  Did you know that this has been here since the hundred year war ended?"  I nod.  "Yes, and it belonged to the first General Iroh.  It is a successful tea shop chain."  He nods.  "That tea shop we met at wasn't as good as here.  They used some kind of weird tea things instead of leaves."  I laugh.  "I have never tried their tea there.  I see the advertisements all the time though.  I thought I'd give it a try."  He laughs.  "Yeah, I actually took their coffee because I seen how they made the tea.  Trust me, this place is the best."  We go inside. 

      The place reminds me of pictures that gran gran had given to me.  I sigh.  "I know this place."  We get greeted by a young man. 

     He looks at Shen.  "Governor.  Uh, what can I get you and your friend?"  Shen looks at him.  "Table for two."  "Gotcha!"  "Wait, this is Master Jinora.  She's touring the city.  She's Ikki's sister."  He nods.  "Ooh, I know you then!"  I look at the young man.  "Hm?"  "Well, when harmonic convergence happened I got airbending.  I didn't go with you guys since I was just a kid.  I remember my mother slamming the door in your father's face."  Shen chuckles nervously.  "Alright, can we sit down somewhere?"  The man nods.  "Anywhere."  Shen and I find some seats. 

          He looks at me.  "Lee is an airbender.  He isn't one of mine, but I kind of wish he was.  He's nice and a good kid.  I tried recruiting him for my airbender task force, but he shot me down."  "What task force?"  "An airbending task force to stop some of the robberies going on around the city.  I bet it's your friend too."  "Kai?"  He nods.  "Yeah.  What's so special about this Kai guy?  He's a criminal, and you're a world renowned airbending master."  "I helped Kai with his airbending.  Later when we came here he got caught by the Dai Li and was part of the Earth Queen's secret army.  He stayed behind with your other airbenders so we could get away.  I had put that part of my past behind me, but."  He looks at me.  "But, my airbenders brought it back up.  I'm sorry."  Lee comes to our table. 

    The young man chuckles.  "Your usual, Governor?"  Shen nods.  "Hold off the scones, Lee."  Lee nods.  He looks to me.  "And you Master Jinora?"  "I'll just have what he's having."  Lee nods and leaves. 

    Lee comes back with our tea. I look at Shen.  He was very rude in Republic City, why is he not being a jerk now?  Not that it's good that he was a jerk, but why is he being so nice?  Lee leaves. 

       I look at him.  "Why are you being so nice?"  He looks at me.  "What?"  "You're being nice.  You acted like a jerk in Republic City.  What's with the personality change?"  He crosses his arms.  "Sorry there was a complication with Republic City and my city.  It was just a bad day in general.  Trust me.  Today, I got to propose a new bill for my administration and I got to give you a tour."  "What bill?"  "Just politics Jinora, ask your sister.  She's at our four o'clock."  "What?"  He sips his tea and glances in a direction.

     I glance to where he was looking.  Ikki and Rohan were ordering tea.  I sigh.  "Did they follow us?"  He chuckles.  "Probably.  You've got a good family.  They care about you."  We look at my siblings.  "I know."  "What about you?  You seemed a little bit rude at first.  You showed up at my hotel."  "It's like you said.  It was a bad day in general."  He chuckles. 

    Some alarms go off across the street.  I hop out of my seat. "Jinora wait!"  I rush out the door. 

      An airbender dressed in all black is robbing a jewelry store.  I throw a warning gust at him.  "I wouldn't do that, Kai."  He looks at me. 

     This man isn't Kai.  I can sense it.  He shoots himself at me.  I jump above him.  He grips onto his bags of jewelry.  He looks at me.  He jumps above the building and vanishes. 

    Shen exits the tea shop with my siblings.  I look at Shen.  "That's not Kai."  "Okay, so?  He's a different criminal."  Shen sighs.  "There's been multiple reports.  Some robberies occur at the same time.  Both airbenders."  I look at Ikki.  "Contact Dad about this."  She nods. 

     She looks at Shen.  "So, what are your intentions with my sister?"  I look at her.  "Ikki!  Shen literally was just showing me around town!"  She looks at him then to me.  "Sure."  She points at Shen.  "I'm watching you!"  She goes to their car. 

     Rohan points at him.  "Careful Governor Shen."  Rohan leaves. 

    I look at Shen.  "I'm sorry about that."  He nods.  "It's fine.  They're protecting you."  "If protecting me means messing with men who I talk to, then sure."  He laughs.  "I can take you back to Ikki's home."  "No, I'm sure they're watching us.  Uh, thanks for showing me around.  Maybe we could do it again sometime."  He smiles at me.  "It's a date.  I'll see you later Master Jinora.  You know where to find me."  He winks at me then he leaves.

Author's note: My family and I aren't moving because the area we were going to move to has a higher rate compared to our current location, so I'll probably update more regularly.