Date Night

Jinora's POV: 

        I put a clip with a flower on it in my hair.  I turn around.  "How do I look?"  Ikki gives me a thumbs up.  "Nice."  Meelo gives an okay sign.  "I'll kill him if he ditches you."  We look at him.  He sighs.  "It was a joke. What is wrong with you two?" We all hear a knock at the door.

I look at them. "Don't." I say to them softly. I go to the door.

Kai has another, smaller, bouquet of flowers in his hand. He has a nicer suit on now compared to the one he wore earlier today. He adjusts a new fedora. I smile at him. "How do I look?" He smiles. "You look beautiful Jinora." He looks past me. "Hello there you three!" I turn around. All three of my siblings are staring at us. I laugh.

He arches his eyebrow. "So, uh ready to go, Jinora?" I nod. "Yes, I am." We quickly leave.

Kai's POV:

I walk up to the airbender house's front door. I sigh. I adjust my suit coat. I cough. "Okay Kai, you can do this! You have everything alright and set up." I sigh. "I can do this! I can do this!" I knock on the door.

I wait for a quick second. Jinora opens the door. I look at her. She has the most beautiful air bender dress on. It reminds me of something right out of a museum. I notice a small gold beret in her hair. It has a flower on it. I stand up straighter.

She smiles at me. "How do I look?" I smile. "You look beautiful, Jinora." I hear a noise and I look behind her.

The three of her siblings are glaring at me. Meelo draws his finger around his neck and points it at me. Ikki gives me the finger.  "Hello there you three!" Jinora turns around. She laughs.

She looks at me. "So, uh ready to go, Jinora?" She nods. "Yes, I am." She slides her hand into the crook of my arm.

We walk off. I hand her the flowers. "Uh, here's some flowers. Luta and Rowan both suggested I get some."  She takes them.  "Thank you, Kai."  "You're welcome."  We walk out to the car.

Jinora's POV:

Kai helps me into the car. He gets in and takes his fedora off. He adjusts his necktie. He looks at me. "So, tonight we are going to the best vegetarian restaurant ever!" He smiles.

I smile back at him. "Really? How did you find the best vegan restaurant ever?" Li turns around from the drivers side.

He looks at me. "Oh, Kai made Rowan, Luta, Kal, and I go into the city to vegan places. He picked Rowan's choice. Good place." Kai shrugs. "I wanted the best for our date." I laugh. "It's okay." Li turns back around.

I look at Kai. "Thank you." He chuckles. "It was nothing." He smiles at me. The car stops.

The two of us get out. Li pokes his head out the window. "I'll see you two after dinner." Kai nods. "Alright." Li drives off.

Kai puts his fedora on his head.  He opens the door to the restaurant for me.  "Here."  "Thank you."  I walk inside.  He follows me. 

      We immediately get seated.  It smells so good in here.  The lighting is very nice too.  It's dim, but not too dim.  The atmosphere is just right.  They have a soft jazz band playing on a stage.  Kai and I sit down across from each other. 

        He smiles.  "Think it's a nice place?"  I nod.  "It's wonderful."  He nods.  "Yeah, Rowan said it was a pretty zen place.  I figured since you're an airbender you'd appreciate the zen part of it."  He rubs his neck and chuckles.   "It's wonderful thank you."  He smiles.  "You are welcome."  A waiter comes over to us. 

       He looks at Kai and then to me.  "What would you two like to drink?"  I look at the menu.  "I would like the jasmine tea for a drink."  He nods then looks at Kai.  "And for you, governor?"  "Oh, you recognized me, I'll have the hibiscus tea."  The waiter nods.  "Would you two like to go ahead and order?"  We nod.  We quickly order. 

     Kai looks at me.  "I didn't think that he'd recognize me."  I laugh.  "Really?"  He nods.  "The fedora?"  "Really?"  He chuckles and nods. 

     The waiter comes back with our food.  We eat together.  Sharing glances and just laughing together.

       We quickly finish our meals.  We leave together. 

Kai's POV:  

        That food was some of the best food I've ever had.  The service was excellent.  The waiter nor hostess were fazed by me. 

       Jinora slides her hand into the crook of my arm.  I look at her as we wait for Li with the car.  She looks cold. 

         I take my coat off.  I put it on her.  "Here, since you're cold."  She clutches it.  "Thank you." "You're welcome." Li pulls up to the curb.

He looks at us. He gets out and opens the door. She gets in first then I follow.

I take off my fedora. I set it in the front passenger seat.  I look at her.  She leans into my chest.  "I wasn't able to find someone to do a carriage ride, so I found the next best thing.  A mover."  She laughs.  "Alright, Kai."  We laugh together.

Jinora's POV:

We walk out of the mover theater. I slip my hand into the crook of Kai's arm. Paparazzi suddenly bombards us.

With a flick of a wrist Kai waves. The paparazzi suddenly stop. We walk to the car. We get in and the paparazzi try to take pictures of us.

I look at Kai. "What was that?!" He laughs. "The paparazzi here in Ba Sing Se have a funny relationship with me. My predecessor did that and they'd immediately stopped. I learned how to do the same when I was about seventeen?" I nod. "That's pretty neat." Li sighs.

We both look at him. "What?" "They won't get out of the way!" Kai laughs. "Watch this." He rolls down his window.

He sticks his head out of the window. "Move, please." The paparazzi instantly parts ways taking pictures from a distance.

Kai rolls up the window. I smile at him. "That was something." He chuckles. "Really?" I nod. "Yeah, you sir are a natural born leader." He laughs.

Li turns around. "Ready to head home you two?" I look at Kai and I nod. "Yeah." Li drives us to my home.

Li parks in front of the driveway. Kai walks me to the door. "I had a wonderful time, Kai." He smiles. "Me too." I hand him his coat. "Here." He takes it. "Uh, yeah I almost forgot, thanks." He puts his coat on.

He looks at me. "Got everything?" I nod. "Uh yeah. I didn't really bring much." He laughs. "Yeah, me either." "It's your car." He laughs nervously. "Yeah I know." He rubs his neck.

I kiss him on the cheek. "Good night Kai. I'll see you tomorrow, maybe." He instantly gets flustered. "I-I'll see you, Jinora." He stares at me.

He kisses me on my lips. I lean into it. We hug. "I hope you get home safely, Kai." He nods. "I will." We stop hugging. "I'll see you tomorrow, hopefully." I smile at him. He leaves.

I go inside. Ikki, Rohan, and Meelo all stand near the door. I glare at them. "You seen everything." Meelo squeals. "Dad is going to be sooo mad!" Ikki looks at him. "Don't tell him." "How can I not?! It's such hot gossip!" Meelo laughs. I roll my eyes.

"I'm going to my room." I leave.

Kai's POV:

I get into the passenger side of the car. Li looks at me. "You kissed her, didn't you?" I nod. He laughs. "That was quick. You two went on what? Three dates?" I look at him, fazed. "Three?!" Li nods. "Yep. The trip to the market, your little tour, the whole Tornado business. What else am I missing?" My face turns red.

I slump into the chair. "Just drive." He laughs. "I'm serious. You two were so awkward all night." He laughs. I glare at him. "Drive, Li." He sighs. "Okay, Governor Fussybritches." He drives off.