The Aftermath

I slap Meelo's head.  "What told you that kidnapping Shen was a good idea?!"  He shrugs.  "I don't know.  That's how they did it when Uncle Bumi was in the United Forces."  I sigh.  "Okay, but I need to update dad on the situation.  Go do something."  He sticks his tongue at me then walks and sits on the couch. 

          I call our father.  He picks up right away.  "Jinora?  What's happened?"  "Nothing.  Turns out that there's two airbender thieves."  "Really?"  "Yeah, and guess what happened today."  Ikki grabs the phone from my hands. 

      She yells into the phone.  "Jinora went on a date!"  I quickly wrestle the phone from her. 

    I laugh.  "No, I didn't go on a date.  Governor Shen showed me around."  "Mhm, what else?"  "Meelo kidnaped him as well."  "Meelo did what?"  "He kidnapped the governor."  "Get your brother on the phone!"  I put the phone down. 

     I yell to Meelo that dad wants to talk to him.  Meelo gets off of the couch and he answers. 

    Ikki and I listen.  We both listen to our dad yelling at Meelo. 

      I look at Ikki.  "I am going to bed.  I have a headache."  "Okay, need me to tell dad anything else?"  "No."  Ikki nods. 

      I go into one of the rooms and I crash onto the bed. 

Shen's POV: 

        I get to my estate.  The Dai Li greet me immediately.  "Governor, you missed dinner."  I nod.  "I know.  The funniest thing happened to me.  Do you guys know that Air Nation Ambassador?"  My best friend, hardest worker, and top Dai Li agent, Li, takes my coat.  "Ikki?"  I nod.  "Her."  He sits it on the coat rack. 

     I wave the other Dai Li off as I talk to the lieutenant.  I sit onto the couch and I throw my head back.  "I went on a little lunch date with her sister.  Then to the park, and then we finally stopped for tea at The Jasmine Dragon."  He sits onto the recliner.  "You finally found a girlfriend?"  I laugh.  "Just a friend.  Anyways, shortly after our tea time I was walking back to the capital building.  Out of nowhere this guy in airbender tattoos approaches me."  Li looks at me.  "This going in the romantic direction?"  I look at him.  "What?"  He shakes his head. 

    I sigh.  "The tattoo guy asks me if I want to eat dinner with him and his family.  I of course declined because you know, stranger danger?"  Li nods.  "Well then he knocks me out!  The next thing I know I'm surrounded by Ikki, Jinora, and their brothers!  I was in a burlap sack, Li!"  "Oh, uh I didn't know, Shen."  "Yeah!  It was so ridiculous."  He looks at me. 

       He points at the kitchen.  "Yunn made dinner tonight."  "No, I am exhausted and I already ate dinner."  He tilts his head.  "Really?"  I nod.  "Hm.  Was it good?"  I look at him.  "Yeah, it was delicious."  I rub my forehead. 

       He puts his hand on my shoulder.  "You okay?"  I nod.  "Uh, yeah just a small headache from being knocked out by the airbender guy."  He nods.  "Just rest up, and you'll be okay."  I nod.  I go to my room.