Chapter Two

I had been waiting outside for a few minutes and it was getting a little chilly. I didn't want to go inside because I wanted to see the angelic bouncer again and if I moved I wouldn't get to do that. My phone and purse were still on the ground where I fell and I was too lazy to go pick them up. A few hair tendrils had gotten loose from the ponytail and kept tickling my face.

The door opened startling me a little and the beautiful man walked out holding a first aid kit and a blanket. I took my time to observe him more and noticed he had tattoos on his arms. He easily towered over me with his gigantic frame. His height should have made me feel intimidated but I was just intrigued by him.

"Hey sorry it took so long. I had to explain to the manager why I needed a break and these." He explained showing me the items in his hands.

He strapped the blanket over my shoulders and squatted in front of me. I was seated and now that he was squatting we were at level with each other. He took cotton swabs and antiseptic out of the kit and began treating my wounds.

"This is going to hurt." He said before placing the cotton swab on my hand and hurt it did.

"Shit that hurts!" I cursed when the antiseptic burned my arm.

"Sorry but I did warn you." He said.

"It doesn't mean it hurts any less." I replied harshly.

I was really in pain and didn't know what I was saying.

He treated the rest of my wounds in silence as I bit my lip to keep the insults from escaping my mouth. After both my hands and knees were cleaned he started wrapping my hands with gauze. His hands were huge just like the rest of him and he had rough palms. Looks like he was used to working hard. Not a snobby rich boy. That was one point to him.

"Earlier you said you had to explain to the manager why you were taking a break. Do you work here?" I asked him as he continued taking care of my injuries.

"Yeah I'm a bouncer here and sometimes I help in stocking up. It's actually why I was using the side door. I didn't expect anyone to be here. Patrons don't know that this door exists." He explained.

Handsome, tall, strong, hardworking and independent. This man was checking all the right boxes for me. Big. Don't forget big. I liked big things and the mountain of a man really was big. Did I I already say big? Okay I'll stop now. One more time. Big. And I'm done.

"I'm sorry about all this by the way. I had to get out of there and couldn't exactly leave yet. I also know this door exists because my friends brother owns the place." I replied.

"You're all set up now. You should heal quick and if you still feel pain in a couple of days see your doctor." He said getting up and excusing himself to leave.

He couldn't leave just yet. I needed him, his number and his hands back on me.

"You didn't tell me your name." I asked looking up at him.

"It's David. David Ruria at your service." He replied.

"It's nice to meet you David. My name is...." I began introducing myself but he interrupted me.

"I know who you are Miss Anisha. Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to work." He said before turning to leave again.

I didn't want him to go and what did he mean by he knew me. Well I knew that he obviously knew who I was but he said it in such a condescending tone that it made me feel like I had something to hide and feel guilty about.

"So you are just going to leave me out here alone in the cold after hurting me?" I asked him with an accusing tone.

Nice going Anisha. The guilt trip always worked and I was right because he turned around to look at me.