Chapter Five

We sat in comfortable silence for a while as David drove and I secretly watched him. Who was I kidding? I was full blown staring at him. I didn't care if he caught me doing it, I was appreciating God's creation and there was nothing wrong with that. The two hours I had with David were going to be about getting to know each other. We would probably not get very far but maybe I would be able to squeeze an official date out of him. One thing I was really good at was getting what I wanted and never being shy about going after my heart's desire. At the moment David was topping my desire list and I wouldn't stop until I got what I wanted from him.

"You'll bore a hole into my head if you keep looking at me like that." David mocked as he slowed down behind the line of those waiting to be served at the drive through.

I hadn't even noticed that we had already arrived.

"Sue me." I replied smiling as I stuck my tongue at him.

"Really childish miss tiny." He said.

"I have a question." I requested.

"Even if I say no it won't stop you so go ahead." He accepted.

"You're a fast learner I like that. Anyway I just wanted to ask why you keep calling me miss tiny?" I asked.

David looked at me and gave me a once over before he turned back to concentrate on moving us forward on the line. I thought he was going to ignore my question but surprisingly enough he answered me.

"It's because you are tiny. I could fit three of you into one of me." He replied with a slight chuckle.

"Does that mean you see me as a child?" I asked feeling a little downcast worrying about what his answer would be.

He gave me a weird look before replying "I never said I see you as a child. You are just small in size. In my eyes you're all woman. You have curves in all the right places for someone your size. It's just that compared to me you are tiny thus you became miss tiny to me."

That answer made me feel at ease because it would be really awkward going after a man who viewed you as a child.

"I like that answer. I have one more question before we proceed." I requested and he nodded. "When you look at me do you see any qualities of your ideal woman in me?" I asked.

I needed the answer to that question so I could know where we were headed. If David didn't see me in any way as his ideal woman then there was no need to pursue anything between us. It would just be a waste of time for the both of us.

"Whoa! Where did that come from? Tiny we are barely friends." He replied.

I groaned out loud in frustration. I did not need half assed answers like that. I wanted a real answer.

"Oh come on. You're a man. The first thing that always comes to mind when you see a woman is 'I'd definitely tap that' or 'I'd wife her' so which is it. I want to know before anything progresses. I like investing where there is promise of good results." I expressed.

"So I'm an investment now?" David asked teasingly.

"David, take this seriously. I'm not joking." I replied.

"Okay Tiny. If you want complete honesty, the first time I saw you, the first thought in my head was 'that is one little hot mama'. Then I realized who you were and every single thought about you vanished from my head because I'm a realistic man and you are way out of my league. There was no need to get hang up over you yet I could never come close to you." He explained honestly.

His words put of me a little at ease but not completely. At least he thought I was hot. I could work my angle from there.

"The first time you saw me was during my birthday right?" I enquired.