Chapter Nine

I was so nervous about the gala I could barely get anything done. I was seated in my room dressed in my black lace panties and matching bra as I tried to even my breathing. Why was I so nervous? It's not like my-not-yet-boyfriend was meeting my whole family. Oh right they were.

I needed to get calm down and hope for the best. David would be arriving any minute to change into his outfit before us to the event so I needed to get ready.

For the event I had dyed my hair back again into its natural black color. It was naturally curly so I pinned my left said and left the other half to fall over my face. I then put on a pair silver earrings shaped like leaves and and my small silver watch. I grabbed a pair of black four inch heels with straps from my closet and put them on.

Just as I was about to put on my dress the door bell rang. I grabbed my dressing gown from the back of the chair and put it on leaving my dress neatly laid out on the bed. I didn't want it creasing up.

I opened the door to reveal David dressed in his work clothes which was a black T-shirt with the clubs logo on it, black jeans and black combat boots. He had told me that he didn't want to miss work, so he had taken the afternoon shift instead and had come to my place straight after. He looked good but he had to change quickly if we wanted to be on time. I stepped aside to let him in.

"Hey tiny." He greeted kissing my cheek as he passed by me to get into the house.

"Hi David . You're on time." I commented checking my watch.

"I'm always on time unless there's traffic." He replied and I smiled.

"Your outfit and shoes are in the extra bedroom so go get changed and meet me back here. We have to leave soon if we want to make it on time." I explained.

"Are you going dressed like that?" He asked pointing at my outfit choice.

"Of course not. Are you crazy? My mom would kill me! I have a dress." I replied defensively.

"I was joking Tiny. Chill. Now where's that bedroom?"

"Last door down the hall to the right." I replied watching as he walked towards where the bedrooms were.

I followed him and went into my bedroom which was opposite where David was. I quickly finished putting on my make up which consisted of some mascara, eyeliner and matte red lipstick. Putting on my dress I stood infront of the mirror to admire my reflection.

My dress was a long red maxi dress with a peacock feather design and a slit that went up to mid thigh. The top part had a deep plunging neckline that showed an ample amount of cleavage. Feeling good and confident enough about my looks I grabbed my silk wrap in case it got cold later, my black purse which had my phone, keys and some cash before leaving my bedroom.

I ran smack into David who was exiting from the opposite bedroom. He quickly reached out and grabbed me before I fell. He pulled me flush against him and I landed on his chest. He smelled good as always with his intoxicating scent that always left me feeling a little light headed. I looked up at him finding him staring up at me. I quickly broke eye contact and took a step back forcing him to let me go. I was afraid of the look I saw in his eyes. Pure lust. I wanted David to see me more than a body that could warm up his bed. I wanted to see love too in his gaze. Lust wasn't enough for me. I needed more to commit. But would I get it? Only time would tell.

"You look beautiful." He complimented.

"Thank you." I said looking up at him. "You look handsome too."

I wasn't lying. He looked good in the outfit I had specifically made for him. He was wearing black slacks, a matching long sleeved collarless shirt that reached his knees but had slits on both side up to his waist. The shirt had a red strip design on the middle. He had black loafers on with a gold emblem design on the top part. I had gotten him accessories too which included a watch,bracelet,ring and necklace, all in gold. David had pieced ears so I got him a studs that matched his outfit perfectly. He looked handsome and was definitely gonna turn some heads.