Chapter Ten

I felt something soft touch my face making me slowly open my eyes to find David staring at me. He was caressing my cheek looking at me with a fond look on his face. I smiled at him placing my hand over his. I noticed we were parked in the garage back at my place.

"Hi." He greeted with a smile.

"Hey."I rasped out.

"You're home. Want me to walk you up?" He asked.

I shrugged"Well it is the gentlemanly thing to do."

He chucked "Okay Tiny, let's go."

He got out of the car before walking around and helping me out from the passengers side. He locked the car then led me to the elevator to take us to my floor. My hands were wrapped around his waist because I could barely hold myself up as I was too sleepy. David held me closer to him as one of his hands was wrapped around my shoulder and the other one was drawing invisible patterns on my arm.

I felt warm, safe and cared for. So this is what it felt like to have a boyfriend. I didn't like calling him that though because David was anything but a boy. He was all man. My man. I liked the sound of that.

After what felt like forever the elevator finally stopped on my floor before they slid open and we got out. David walked me to my door but I didn't want him to leave just yet.

"Tiny in order for me to leave you have to let me go." David informed me with a chuckle.

"I don't want to."I replied stubbornly.

David didn't say anything just held me tighter. I responded by snuggling even closer to his embrace.

"Spend the night."I suggested out of the blue shocking the both of us.

I had no idea where that thought came from but I realized that I meant it.

"What?!" David asked clearly shocked.

I took a step back and looked up at him so he could see I meant what I was about to say.

"I want you to spend the night. It's already late and I don't want you going all the way across town. You have the day off tomorrow so you don't have to worry about work. Please don't say no." I pleaded realizing just how much I wanted him to spend the night.

"Tiny I don't know." He replied looking very unsure about my suggestion.

"Nothing's going to happen if that's what you're worried about. You can have the extra bedroom." I reassured him.

I was being honest. I liked David but I definitely wasn't ready to take that next step with him. No matter how bad I wanted it, I knew I wasn't ready. We had just become official tonight for crying out loud. Everything else would just have to wait.

"Are you sure about this? I don't want you to think that we're moving too fast." David replied and my heart melted.

Didn't I just win the jackpot and get the best boyfriend ever.

"Yes David I'm sure. Now let's go in. I'm so tired and I'm sure you are too." I replied and turned to unlock the door before he could object any further.

I opened the door and stepped inside. I didn't look back to see if David was following me but once I heard the door lock behind me and a hand pressed against my lower back I exhaled slowly in relief. I would have felt really heartbroken if he had turned me down.

We walked towards the bedrooms none of us saying anything. I don't think either of us knew what to say. This was all new for me and I honestly didn't know what to do. I'd never had another man besides George,who didn't count by the way, in my house before so I was very nervous.