Chapter Three

I was at home going through some designs for a collection I wanted to release when there was a knock at the door. I would have gone to get it but George was in the living room watching rugby so he'd do it. He lived next door to me but he said his TV was broken so he had to use mine. He was probably lying just to find an excuse to be with me. I wasn't exactly dressed for company but it was my house so my navy shorts and matching top would have to do.

"Where is she?"A loud voice shouted and I felt like crawling under my desk to hide.

It had been a few days since I ditched the girls at the club and I had been ignoring their calls and texts. Looks like Kimberly finally got fed up and came to confront me. I hoped George would tell her I wasn't in but knowing that old man, it was like waiting for rain in a desert.

"She's in her work room." He replied.

See, I told you. Traitor.

"Nisha don't you dare run because I will catch you." Kim screeched.

I heard her heels clicking toward me in a fast pace. The door opened with a bang and I hid behind one of my mannequins. I knew it was useless but what if she came in throwing stuff. I needed to protect myself.

"I can see you Nisha. You're not hiding." Kim said in a bored tone.

"Yes I am." I whispered.

"No you're not. Now get away from the mannequin. I need to exchange some not so nice words with you." She replied.

I huffed in frustration before I revealed my whole body. Kim looked fabulous as always dressed in a very short jean skirt paired with a white tube top and six inch strapped heels. She wore a bob wig that framed her face perfectly and her make up was flawless. She was carrying a huge purse that could easily carry a whole weeks worth of outfits in it. It probably had an extra outfit or two in it. Kim always said that a lady always had to be prepared with an extra outfit in case of anything.

"You look nice Kim. I like the shoes and the bag." I complimented her with a smile.

"Thank you so much. They were actually a gift from one of dad's business partners." She replied proudly before she saw the smile on my face and hers dropped. "I see right through you Anisha. Now why did you ditch us and why have you been ignoring our calls and texts?"She screeched.

I decided to tell the truth mixed with a little lie and end it with a guilty talk to get myself out of her scrutiny.

"I got hurt that night at the club and I had to leave. I knew if I told you guys you would want to leave with me and I couldn't do that to you on your birthday. I ignored your calls because I knew you would feel guilty about not being there for me when I got hurt." I explained lifting my bandaged hands to show her proof that I wasn't lying.

"Oh you poor baby I'm so sorry. What happened?" Kim asked pulling me into a hug as her facial expression changed from angry to concerned.

"Nothing I just fell and scrapped my knees." I replied hugging her back.

I didn't need to dish out my whole life to Kim. She would take it apart analyzing it and I didn't want that. I was a little stressed that I hadn't found a way to get my David's number so I was burying myself into work to distract myself. I could have gone to the club again but I didn't know his schedule and I didn't want to seem desperate.

"I'm glad you're okay now. Are you sure it wasn't one of the patrons or workers who hurt you? I can tell my brother and he will deal with them." Kim suggested.

Kimberly's brother of course! Why didn't I think of that? I could be such a fool sometimes. I could get David's number from his boss.

"No it's okay but speaking of brothers can I get Tyler's number?" I requested.